STON can't handle classes?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
"STON toStringPretty: Class" -> MessageNotUnderstood: Metaclass>>stonAllInstVarNames

Is that a known limitation? Is there a workaround? Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: STON can't handle classes?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Yes, that is a know limitation, classes can't be serialised.

The same is true for many system like objects.

I usually store just the symbol name.

> On 09 Apr 2015, at 13:24, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> "STON toStringPretty: Class" -> MessageNotUnderstood:
> Metaclass>>stonAllInstVarNames
>
> Is that a known limitation? Is there a workaround? Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: STON can't handle classes?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
Yes, that is a know limitation... I usually store just the symbol name.
Thanks :) That's what I ended up doing as well.
Cheers,
Sean