STS edition...comment?

Griff-2
When you commit an edition of a method, class, or package...is it
possible to include a comment with that commit?

Re: STS edition...comment?

Esteban A. Maringolo
Griff escribió:
> When you commit an edition of a method, class, or package...is it
> possible to include a comment with that commit?

I don't know what you mean by commit, you can add comments to versions
when you version Packages or Projects (or when you import from third
party sources such as Squeak Changesets, VW Parcel Sources, chunk).

In fact you only can have versions of Packages and Projects, methods and
classes only can have editions, which isn't the same.

And BTW, there is a bug when you browse editions of a method/class which
hasn't previous editions, a index not found exception is thrown, because
the editions browser expects a collection with at least one element.

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: STS edition...comment?

Bruno Brasesco
Griff escribió:
> When you commit an edition of a method, class, or package...is it
> possible to include a comment with that commit?

Method comments are inside the method.

Class commments are same of the tab view in class or system browser.

Package comment 2 posibilities:
1- Update package comment from package browser.
2- When you are about to create a new version of a packages, you can
write a Version comment for that version. (package browser>>select
package>>version...)

reagards bruno

Re: STS edition...comment?

Griff-2
Hi guys,

In my experience with version control systems you typically take a
"snapshot" of the "artifact" for a given moment in time and provide an
explanation for it. Maybe that means you could see something like this

Artifact: HelloClass>>helloWorld
Revision: 1024
Time: 10:52pm 12/01/06
Author: jdoe
Comment: First attempt at writing hello world.

Artifact: HelloClass>>helloWorld
Revision: 1056
Time: 8:00am 12/06/06
Author: jdoe
Comment: It turns out that the way we implemented the method was way
too slow so I rewrote it.