STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

David Gorisek-5
Hello all,

following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are releasing
  the latest version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin Smalltalk
5.1.

The free version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin 5.1 is
available on downloads page on our web site.

http://www.gorisek.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?page=Downloads&lang=English

Best regards,

David Gorisek
http://www.gorisek.com

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

Sean M-4
> following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are releasing
> the latest version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin Smalltalk
> 5.1.
Hey David,

I notice the blurb on the site says it is only to be used with Dolphin 5
Value Edition..

It's a slightly newer revision to the one I am running... Can I use it with
Professional?

Regards,

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
David Gorisek escribió:
> following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are releasing
>  the latest version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin Smalltalk
> 5.1.
>
> The free version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin 5.1 is
> available on downloads page on our web site.

I thought christmas was in december, however, thanks David!

> http://www.gorisek.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?page=Downloads&lang=English

In the link it says is only free for DVE, what about DSE/DPRO?

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

Sean M-4
> following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are releasing
> the latest version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin Smalltalk
> 5.1.

Hey David,

Just out of sheer curiosity, I just loaded up Value Edition and attempted to
load STS into it. Looks like STS has a dependency on some part of the
Standard Edition tools, and can't be loaded into a Value Edition image.

In Particular:

The loose method PackagedClassSelector>>stsClassesContextMenu
and
StsDevelopmentEnvironmentExtensions contains two references to
SystemBrowserShell

I fixed the refs to SystemBrowserShell by using Smalltalk at:
#SystemBrowserShell rather than the actual class ref..

Also some dependency on Lagoon.. I didn't get any further than that, I'm
wandering off to bed

Regards,

Sean

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

David Gorisek-5
I've changed the conditions so that now "if you already have a licensed
version of D5" you can still use STS. The current status of STS for X6
is that it will remain commercial product.

Best regards,

David Gorisek

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

> David Gorisek escribió:
>
>> following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are
>> releasing  the latest version of the Source Tracking System for
>> Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.
>>
>> The free version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin 5.1 is
>> available on downloads page on our web site.
>

> I thought christmas was in december, however, thanks David!
>
>> http://www.gorisek.com/WikiDoc/WikiPage?page=Downloads&lang=English
>

> In the link it says is only free for DVE, what about DSE/DPRO?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Esteban.

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

David Gorisek-5
Well, looks like to much work for a "port" to VE version. I don't have
time to install and test it with the D5 VE.

If anyone can fix it so that it will work with VE (plus others) at the
same time, please send me the updated package so that I will replace the
downloadable file.

Best regards,

David Gorisek

Sean M wrote:

>>following the free release of Dolphin 5.1 Value Edition we are releasing
>>the latest version of the Source Tracking System for Dolphin Smalltalk
>>5.1.
>

> Hey David,
>
> Just out of sheer curiosity, I just loaded up Value Edition and attempted to
> load STS into it. Looks like STS has a dependency on some part of the
> Standard Edition tools, and can't be loaded into a Value Edition image.
>
> In Particular:
>
> The loose method PackagedClassSelector>>stsClassesContextMenu
> and
> StsDevelopmentEnvironmentExtensions contains two references to
> SystemBrowserShell
>
> I fixed the refs to SystemBrowserShell by using Smalltalk at:
> #SystemBrowserShell rather than the actual class ref..
>
> Also some dependency on Lagoon.. I didn't get any further than that, I'm
> wandering off to bed
>

> Regards,
>
> Sean

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

Sean M-3
> Well, looks like to much work for a "port" to VE version. I don't have
> time to install and test it with the D5 VE.
>
> If anyone can fix it so that it will work with VE (plus others) at the
> same time, please send me the updated package so that I will replace the
> downloadable file.

I'll have a go at it tonight/tomorrow night. I think I'm about half way
anyway...

Re: STS for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1 is now free

Sean M-4
Done

http://www.arcturus.com.au/dolphin/STS-3.2.1-VE.zip

One caveat: Import from a VW package doesn;t work, because it uses
IXMLDocument, which is also a standard edition package...

Right now I have just hacked around it and used (Smalltalk at:
#IXMLDocument) new...

David, is there a reason that your didn't use yaxo in

StsVisualWorksParcelPackageProxy>>loadFrom:

Anyways, I'll look into it further.

I also did a dodge to install a loose method into a Standard Edition only
class. Done in the preinstall/preuninstall section, to install the
method/remove it. So it won't come up as part of the package. Shouldn't
really be a drama, but if anyone has a better suggestion, please mention it,