STS incorrectly marks packages as changed

1 message Options

STS incorrectly marks packages as changed

Aaron Wieland-4
I've tweaked the ActiveX Automation package and versioned my change.
When I load the new version into a fresh image, a slew of packages are
marked as changed.  That's because ClassBuilder>>notifyClassUpdated is
executed for every class in the package as it is rebuilt, which in turn
marks the owning package for every subclass as changed -- and many of
these subclasses belong to other packages.

I'm not sure what the best fix is.  Have STS rebuild the class using a
different protocol?  Add a test for PackageManager>>isProcessingEvents?

-- Aaron