STS losing editions?

TimM-3
Not sure if this is releated to the walkback I mentioned, but If I browse a
method that has two editions, load the first edition and close the editions
browser. If I then browse editions on the same method - I can no longer see
the second later edition?

Tim

Re: STS losing editions?

David Gorisek-2
Tim,

if the method which is currently loaded in the image is not saved in the
repository then STS will create a temporary scratch edition just to be
able to show the current method in the method editions browser. So this
way you can compare the loaded code with another edition in the repository.

But once you have loaded another version from the repository and return
to method editions browser, then the temporary edition will disappear
because it was never stored in the repository.

This might seem strange at first but STS only versions methods when you
save a method or version a package.

Best regards,

David Gorisek

TimM wrote:
> Not sure if this is releated to the walkback I mentioned, but If I browse a
> method that has two editions, load the first edition and close the editions
> browser. If I then browse editions on the same method - I can no longer see
> the second later edition?
>
> Tim

Re: STS losing editions?

TimM-3
> if the method which is currently loaded in the image is not saved in the
> repository then STS will create a temporary scratch edition just to be
> able to show the current method in the method editions browser. So this
> way you can compare the loaded code with another edition in the
> repository.

That makes sense - and would explain why some of the other method that have
many editions seem to work ok (presumably they were created while sts was
hooked up). As I've been playing with clean images I probably was in the
scratch situation you describe.

thanks,

Tim