SUEvaluator behavior in VW and Squeak

hernanmd
I'm having problems with the SUEvaluator and the #replace: message block parameter, I've attached one test for Squeak (SeasideEvaluatorTest-Core.st) showing the expected behavior and another one for VW (SeasideEvaluatorTest.st) which fails, nothing happens.

I'm using:

-VisualWorks 7.6: I loaded Seaside 2.8 from the parcel in the "Suggested" list of the Parcel manager (Seaside(2.8a1-pmm.573 13,jkott) and Seaside-Scriptaculous(lr.220 10,mlucassmith))
-Squeak: Seaside2.8a1-lr.578 and Scriptaculous-lr.243

Any hint?

Cheers

Hernan

SeasideEvaluatorTest.st (2K) Download Attachment
SeasideEvaluatorTest-Core.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: SUEvaluator behavior in VW and Squeak

Lukas Renggli
> -VisualWorks 7.6: I loaded Seaside 2.8 from the parcel in the "Suggested"
> list of the Parcel manager (Seaside(2.8a1-pmm.573 13,jkott) and
> Seaside-Scriptaculous(lr.220 10,mlucassmith))
> -Squeak: Seaside2.8a1-lr.578 and Scriptaculous-lr.243
>
> Any hint?

The version of Seaside and Scriptaculous you are using in VisualWorks
is more than a year old. Scriptaculous-lr.220 includes some old beta
versions of the underlying JavaScript libraries. Furthermore Seaside
2.8.1 and 2.8.2 fixed several bugs related to SUElement>>#replace:.
That's probably why it is working in Squeak.

I suggest that you update to the latest version.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: SUEvaluator behavior in VW and Squeak

Burella Juan M.
Thanks Lukas.
We had a weird experience browsing the bundles and packages in the Store repository, trying to figure out if 2.8.2 you mentioned is available and/or which one of those packages is the latest one. We've updated several times all the main Seaside items to see if they were out of synchronization, but the tool insisted: The latest Seaside/Scriptaculous version is listed at the top of the versions lists and already installed in the image (?)

Seaside(2.8a1-pmm.573 13,jkott)
Seaside-Scriptaculous(lr.220 10,mlucassmith)

So, are those ones the latest versions ported to VW or I'm missing something?

Regards
Juan M.