SUnit Browser 3.1 PR6 Available

Jeffrey Odell-2
A long overdue next iteration of SUnit Browser is available at:

http://www.odellsoft.com/sunitbrowser

In this version, I did code reorganization to:

1) Refactor the monolithic SUnitBrowserModel into a few collaborating
classes

2) Inspired by Extreme Programming Installed, created SUnit tests for the
classes (duh!)

Goal is to get a tested model, port to the existing Dolphin Smalltalk, then
*finally* get it over to VW.

A couple new features are:

1) In VA Smalltalk, it uses a breakpoint instead of a halt on the Step
feature. This positions you right at the top of the test method, rather than
having to drill down the stack a couple times to get started.

2) Configuration is copied when each browser is opened, so you can have
different settings on different browsers

With the large number of changes, there may be some lurking problems. I plan
to have my development team using this new version for the next couple weeks
to squash any lurking issues.

jlo

Re: SUnit Browser 3.1 PR6 Available

Jeffrey Odell-2
A Dolphin version is already available - an update is coming in the next day
or two -

jlo

"Jeffrey Odell" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3b5a9007$[hidden email]...

> A long overdue next iteration of SUnit Browser is available at:
>
> http://www.odellsoft.com/sunitbrowser
>
> In this version, I did code reorganization to:
>
> 1) Refactor the monolithic SUnitBrowserModel into a few collaborating
> classes
>
> 2) Inspired by Extreme Programming Installed, created SUnit tests for the
> classes (duh!)
>
> Goal is to get a tested model, port to the existing Dolphin Smalltalk,
then
> *finally* get it over to VW.
>
> A couple new features are:
>
> 1) In VA Smalltalk, it uses a breakpoint instead of a halt on the Step
> feature. This positions you right at the top of the test method, rather
than
> having to drill down the stack a couple times to get started.
>
> 2) Configuration is copied when each browser is opened, so you can have
> different settings on different browsers
>
> With the large number of changes, there may be some lurking problems. I
plan
> to have my development team using this new version for the next couple
weeks
> to squash any lurking issues.
>
> jlo

Re: SUnit Browser 3.1 PR6 Available

Ian Bartholomew-4
Jeffrey,

> A Dolphin version is already available

The browser looks very good, makes testing a much more streamlined process.

Minor suggestion. I think that Double clicking in the TestCase list should
open the browser with the selected method preselected, saves a lot of
scrolling about.

SUnitBrowser>>browseTest
    (self model selectedItem class compiledMethodAt: self model selectedItem
selector) browse

with the appropriate change to #createSchematicWiring seemed to work as
expected.

> - an update is coming in the next day or two -

Any chance of this update having the ability to create the tests for you as
well? No, I thought not <g>

Regards
    Ian

Re: SUnit Browser 3.1 PR6 Available

Jeffrey Odell-2
<snip>
> Minor suggestion. I think that Double clicking in the TestCase list should
> open the browser with the selected method preselected, saves a lot of
> scrolling about.

</snip>

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll get it in the next release -

<snip>
> Any chance of this update having the ability to create the tests for you
as
> well? No, I thought not <g>

</snip>

That one WON'T be freeware ;>