SUnits and UI interaction

Michael Roberts-2
The recent tests that got included with the closure fixes (I think)
now pop up dialogs. This means that you can't run the whole test suite
for 30 mins whilst you do something else. Was this intentional?  We
need an automated mode if one does not already exist in the framework.
 Do we have anything like that?  Basically the dialogs need a default
answer.

thanks,

Mike

Re: SUnits and UI interaction

Michael Roberts-2
or...perhaps... #valueSupplyingAnswers: is broken.  thoughts?

thanks
Mike

Re: SUnits and UI interaction

The tests were popping up dialog before the closure integration.
Now we should clean them and we need help for that.

stef
On Apr 5, 2009, at 8:15 PM, Michael Roberts wrote:

> The recent tests that got included with the closure fixes (I think)
> now pop up dialogs. This means that you can't run the whole test suite
> for 30 mins whilst you do something else. Was this intentional?  We
> need an automated mode if one does not already exist in the framework.
> Do we have anything like that?  Basically the dialogs need a default
> answer.
>
> thanks,
>
> Mike

Re: SUnits and UI interaction

Michael Roberts-2
I think there must be a corresponding change not yet integrated in
self confirm:, or has been backed out with UI theme changes perhaps.

this should raise ProvideAnswerNotification.

thanks
Mike

Re: SUnits and UI interaction

Adrian Lienhard
Thanks for looking into this!

I added the following note to the issue:

It seems PSUIManager>>confirm: is where the ProvideAnswerNotification
is missing. There are more of those, though. I fixed another one and
now the BlockContextTest in a 10263 image are green again (see
attached changeset). We still need to check all other implementation
of confirm: and friends.

Gary, could you maybe have a look?

Cheers,
Adrian

On Apr 6, 2009, at 09:27 , Michael Roberts wrote:

> I think there must be a corresponding change not yet integrated in
> self confirm:, or has been backed out with UI theme changes perhaps.
>
> this should raise ProvideAnswerNotification.

> thanks
> Mike

Re: SUnits and UI interaction

Gary Chambers-4
Forgot to copy to squeaksource... up now (Polymorph-ToolBuilder-gvc.7).

Regards, Gary