SVG Mime type

Annick
Hi,

I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files, everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.

Anybody has an idea about this ?

Best regards

Annick

Re: SVG Mime type

Paul DeBruicker
That sounds like it should work.

Where does the error occur?  In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
you're using?

Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
type is set?

Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started

Annick wrote

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.
>
> Anybody has an idea about this ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Annick

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: SVG Mime type

Annick
Hi,
Thank you for the pointer.
I have discovered that in the Seaside-Visualworks package in WAResponse>>document:, there is a test to check for binaries or text. And svg mime type is considered as binary (from WAMimeType isBinary method), so the svgContent method should be a string with the svg with asByteArray at the end.
Best regards

Annick

Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Johan Brichau-2
Annick,

It’s my understanding that Seaside in Visualworks is no longer updated with more recent versions of Seaside.
Although, it seems that in a current Seaside, the following also returns true:

(WAMimeType main: 'image' sub:'svg+xml’) isBinary

I submitted an issue https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/1207 to track and correct.
There are a couple more similar issues, so they will be treated as one ;)

Johan

On 1 Jul 2020, at 12:19, Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Esteban A. Maringolo
As a side note... according to somebody from Cincom (I don't remember
his name) the latest VisualWorks (9.x) comes with Seaside 3.3.

And I must say that the way callbacks and other things work within VW
is really solid, the only drawback is that the Seaside adapter is
based on their "old" HTTP server stack, and not the new one (SiouX)
which has HTTP/2 and many other improvements.

The only problem I see is that the whole porting, maintenance is
opaque to the rest of the community. As it seems to be with other
frameworks as well.

But if you need to know anything about Seaside in VW, I'll be happy to
help you as much as I can. I've been using for the past years, and
have some overrides and updated things I use regularly
(WAMimeType>>#isBinary is one of the overridden methods I have).

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:29 AM Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Annick,
>
> It’s my understanding that Seaside in Visualworks is no longer updated with more recent versions of Seaside.
> Although, it seems that in a current Seaside, the following also returns true:
>
> (WAMimeType main: 'image' sub:'svg+xml’) isBinary
>
> I submitted an issue https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/1207 to track and correct.
> There are a couple more similar issues, so they will be treated as one ;)
>
> Johan
>
> On 1 Jul 2020, at 12:19, Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Thank you for the pointer.
> I have discovered that in the Seaside-Visualworks package in WAResponse>>document:, there is a test to check for binaries or text. And svg mime type is considered as binary (from WAMimeType isBinary method), so the svgContent method should be a string with the svg with asByteArray at the end.
> Best regards
>
> Annick
>

> Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> That sounds like it should work.
>
> Where does the error occur?  In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
> you're using?
>
> Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
> type is set?
>
> Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started
>

> Annick wrote
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.
>
> Anybody has an idea about this ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Annick

> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: SVG Mime type

Annick
Hi Esteban,

        Could you give us your isBinary method ?

        Best regards

        Annick

> [...]
>> Best regards
>>
>> Annick
>>

>> Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> That sounds like it should work.
>>
>> Where does the error occur?  In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
>> you're using?
>>
>> Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
>> type is set?
>>
>> Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started
>>

>> Annick wrote
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
>> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
>> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.

I have the same version as the one in Pharo.

isBinary
"answers whether the contents of a document of the receiving mime type
are binary"

self main = 'text'  ifTrue: [ ^ false ].
self main = 'application'
ifTrue: [ "application/json is text"
self sub = 'json'
ifTrue: [ ^ false ] ]
ifFalse: [ ^ true ].
GRPlatform
subStringsIn: self sub
splitBy: $+
do: [ :each |
"application/x-javascript and application/xml are text"
(#('x-javascript' 'xml') includes: each)
ifTrue: [ ^ false ] ].
^ true

ps: The formatting is scrambled, Gmail's fault. :-/

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:28 AM Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Annick
> >>

> >> Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>
> >> That sounds like it should work.
> >>
> >> Where does the error occur?  In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
> >> you're using?
> >>
> >> Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
> >> type is set?
> >>
> >> Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:
> >>
> >> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started
> >>

> >> Annick wrote
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
> >> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
> >> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.

Karsten Kusche
Hi Esteban,

In VisualWorks 8.3.2 at least Seaside uses the Sioux HTTP Server. I can’t tell when the transition happened but the old Opentalk Server is long gone.

Kind regards
Karsten
—

Georg Heeg eK
06366 Köthen

Tel.: <a href="tel:03496/214328" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0/1" style="color: currentcolor; text-decoration-color: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.38);">03496/214328
FAX: <a href="tel:03496/214712" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0/2" style="color: currentcolor; text-decoration-color: rgba(128, 128, 128, 0.38);">03496/214712
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 12812

Am 1. Juli 2020 um 15:26:16, Esteban Maringolo ([hidden email]) schrieb:

[...]

Hi Karsten,

I didn't mean it doesn't use SiouX (I configure it programmatically!),
just that the SeasideResponder uses NetHttpResponder and not
HttpResponder.
So Seaside receives Net.HttpRequest and not SiouX.HttpRequest (which
handles protocol upgrades, etc.).

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:33 AM Karsten Kusche <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> Best regards
>>
>> Annick
>>

>> Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> That sounds like it should work.
>>
>> Where does the error occur? In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
>> you're using?
>>
>> Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
>> type is set?
>>
>> Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started
>>

>> Annick wrote
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
>> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
>> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.

Thanks for the clarification Esteban, wasn’t aware that there’re differences!

—

Georg Heeg eK
Wallstraße 22
06366 Köthen

Tel.: 03496/214328
FAX: 03496/214712

Am 1. Juli 2020 um 15:53:13, Esteban Maringolo ([hidden email]) schrieb:

> [...]

>> Best regards
>>
>> Annick
>>

>> Le 30 juin 2020 à 18:58, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> That sounds like it should work.
>>
>> Where does the error occur? In the browser or whatever smalltalk version
>> you're using?
>>
>> Can you inspect the response in the browser and check that the correct mime
>> type is set?
>>
>> Does your SVG file have a starting tag like the one shown here:
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial/Getting_Started
>>

>> Annick wrote
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to use the WAFileMetadataLibrary for importing svg files,
>> everything works ok locally, but when publishing to my web site, I get an
>> error « The mimetype of image/svg+xml » does not match the content.

In latest Seaside on GitHub, the error is not present.

(WAMimeType main: 'image' sub:'svg+xml') isBinary
=> false

I must have made a mistake while quickly checking when I responded earlier.

Anything with ‘xml’ as the sub part, is considered non-binary.

So, my guess is that VW version is not correct?

Johan

On 1 Jul 2020, at 15:28, Annick Fron <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

In VW (8.3)
(WAMimeType main: 'image' sub:'svg+xml') isBinary -> "true"

I fixed it by updating it to that version (I never realized the
execution never reached the checking of xml in the subpart).

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo