SWViewActionQueue

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Steve,

Have you gotten it to work under the beta?  I'm getting one of those
"early in startup walkback of doom" kinds of problems on startup after
installing it.  I'm certainly willing to debug it, but if you've already
figured it out, I won't be offended :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: SWViewActionQueue

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Bill,

> Have you gotten it to work under the beta?

Thanks for the heads up. I had not installed any of my packages into D6 ...
still poking around.

> I'm getting one of those "early in startup walkback of doom" kinds of
> problems on startup after installing it.

I see what you mean. When I first installed it, it worked fine, but after
saving the image with the package installed, it caused some nasty problems
when starting the image.

>  I'm certainly willing to debug it, but if you've already figured it out,
> I won't be offended :)

Be my guest :)

Actually, there looks like there is a bug in that package which I got away
with in D5 but not in D6. The #onStartup method is sent twice, once from
View class>>onStartup and once because it registers for the #sessionStarted
event.

While it is a bug, I don't think it should be causing this problem. In fact
after a bit of fiddling, it looks like the problem is when #onStartup is
sent from View class>>onStartup. I would expect to be able to create a view
instance in this method so I will start a new bug report thread.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steve Waring