SafelyPerformBlockRequiringAbort missing

SafelyPerformBlockRequiringAbort missing

NorbertHartl
I did the following to start a individual seaside based project:

- bootstrapped gs 2.4 to GLASS beta.4 with user DataCurator
- added a user seaside
- bootstrapped gs 2.4 to GLASS beta.4 for user seaside
- logged in via gemtools to user seaside
- upgrade via metacello to GLASS beta.6
- loaded ConfigurationOfPier via monticello
- Did ConfigurationOfPier project latestVersion load

Somehow the ConfigurationOfPier project latestVersion gives 1.2.1.3 which is tagged alpha. An extra upgrade of metacello gave the same result.

Anyway I started a fast cgi gem with user seaside and got the error

Internal Server Error:
MessageNotUnderstood 2010: No method was found for the selector <#'exceptionSetWithException:'> when sent to #'removeInstVarName:', Behavior->#'addInstVarName:', WAProcessMonitor->'critical:for:ifError:', FSSeasideHandler->'answerResponderRoleCheckingLock:', SeasideHTTPService->'answerToCheckingLock:')> with arguments contained in .

This is because the class

SafelyPerformBlockRequiringAbort

is missing which is in category Gemstone-Exceptions. Looking in monticello there is a comment in the last version that the class has been moved to a monticello package. But I didn't find it anywhere. Downgrading one version helped a lot :)

Next stop: pier.

Norbert

Re: SafelyPerformBlockRequiringAbort missing

Dale
thanks Norbert,

I've submitted http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=65 for this ... I will take care of it for the imminent 1.0-beta.8 release

Dale