Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Alex Schenkman
Hi list:

I'm trying to load LatexMorph and I get the following dependency message.

This package depends on the following classes:
  Player
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  Player>>getCode
  Player>>getDPI
  Player>>getImage
  Player>>getTemplate
  Player>>grabImage
  Player>>setCode:
  Player>>setDPI:
  Player>>setTemplate:

Where can I find this class?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Henrik Sperre Johansen
You can't, since Player has been removed and there's no plans for
bringing it back..

However, that also means you don't really need those methods, if you
browse them, you can see they're really only utility methods for
setting the properties of a LatexMorph from a player.

So to load in Pharo, you can click the "Browse" button in Monticello,
then right-click the LatexMorph-category and do "Load class category"...

Well, you *should* be able to at least, both squeak and Pharo seem to
give a DNU if the classes don't exist in system yet... So instead,
select the LatexMorph category, select each of the three classes in
turn, and do "Load class" from the right-click menu.

Cheers,
Henry

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:13 02AM, alesch wrote:

> Hi list:
>
> I'm trying to load LatexMorph and I get the following dependency
> message.
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  Player
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these
> definitions:
>  Player>>getCode
>  Player>>getDPI
>  Player>>getImage
>  Player>>getTemplate
>  Player>>grabImage
>  Player>>setCode:
>  Player>>setDPI:
>  Player>>setTemplate:
>

> Where can I find this class?
> Thanks in advance!

Re: [Pharo-project] Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Alex Schenkman
Thanks for your answer.
I do not know what a DNU is, but your suggestion worked.

What is the procedure now to fix this package?
The Pharo version should remove the dependecy, but the Squeak version might want to keep it. What is the policy in Pharo when this happens?

I'm mailing in the signed license agreement today, and going through the commit procedure described here:

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:51, Henrik Sperre Johansen [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can't, since Player has been removed and there's no plans for
bringing it back..

However, that also means you don't really need those methods, if you
browse them, you can see they're really only utility methods for
setting the properties of a LatexMorph from a player.

So to load in Pharo, you can click the "Browse" button in Monticello,
then right-click the LatexMorph-category and do "Load class category"...

Well, you *should* be able to at least, both squeak and Pharo seem to
give a DNU if the classes don't exist in system yet... So instead,
select the LatexMorph category, select each of the three classes in
turn, and do "Load class" from the right-click menu.

Cheers,
Henry

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:13 02AM, alesch wrote:

> Hi list:
>
> I'm trying to load LatexMorph and I get the following dependency
> message.
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  Player
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these
> definitions:
>  Player>>getCode
>  Player>>getDPI
>  Player>>getImage
>  Player>>getTemplate
>  Player>>grabImage
>  Player>>setCode:
>  Player>>setDPI:
>  Player>>setTemplate:
>

> Where can I find this class?
> Thanks in advance!

Re: Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Henrik Sperre Johansen
I'd suggest splitting it into two packages, one containing the core LatexMorphic - code, and one containing Etoys-specific extensions to player.
(Basically one package for each of the class categories in the current LatexMorph-package).

Cheers,
Henry

PS: Maybe it's just me, but I often mix DNU/MNU depending on which I think of first, independent of which is actually semantically correct...
In my head, they mean:
DNU -  a doesNotUnderstand send, which again raises an MNU (MessageNotUnderstood) exception.

On Nov 9, 2009, at 11:08 49AM, alesch wrote:

Thanks for your answer.
I do not know what a DNU is, but your suggestion worked.

What is the procedure now to fix this package?
The Pharo version should remove the dependecy, but the Squeak version might want to keep it. What is the policy in Pharo when this happens?

I'm mailing in the signed license agreement today, and going through the commit procedure described here:

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:51, Henrik Sperre Johansen [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can't, since Player has been removed and there's no plans for
bringing it back..

However, that also means you don't really need those methods, if you
browse them, you can see they're really only utility methods for
setting the properties of a LatexMorph from a player.

So to load in Pharo, you can click the "Browse" button in Monticello,
then right-click the LatexMorph-category and do "Load class category"...

Well, you *should* be able to at least, both squeak and Pharo seem to
give a DNU if the classes don't exist in system yet... So instead,
select the LatexMorph category, select each of the three classes in
turn, and do "Load class" from the right-click menu.

Cheers,
Henry

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:13 02AM, alesch wrote:

> Hi list:
>
> I'm trying to load LatexMorph and I get the following dependency
> message.
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>  Player
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these
> definitions:
>  Player>>getCode
>  Player>>getDPI
>  Player>>getImage
>  Player>>getTemplate
>  Player>>grabImage
>  Player>>setCode:
>  Player>>setDPI:
>  Player>>setTemplate:
>

> Where can I find this class?
> Thanks in advance!

Re: Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Alex Schenkman
Is there a way of marking what packages are ok to load into Pharo?

Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote
I'd suggest splitting it into two packages, one containing the core
LatexMorphic - code, and one containing Etoys-specific extensions to
player.
(Basically one package for each of the class categories in the current
LatexMorph-package).

Cheers,
Henry

PS: Maybe it's just me, but I often mix DNU/MNU depending on which I
think of first, independent of which is actually semantically correct...
In my head, they mean:
DNU -  a doesNotUnderstand send, which again raises an MNU
(MessageNotUnderstood) exception.

On Nov 9, 2009, at 11:08 49AM, alesch wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
> I do not know what a DNU is, but your suggestion worked.
>
> What is the procedure now to fix this package?
> The Pharo version should remove the dependecy, but the Squeak
> version might want to keep it. What is the policy in Pharo when this
> happens?
>
> I'm mailing in the signed license agreement today, and going through
> the commit procedure described here:
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:51, Henrik Sperre Johansen [via Smalltalk]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can't, since Player has been removed and there's no plans for
> bringing it back..
>
> However, that also means you don't really need those methods, if you
> browse them, you can see they're really only utility methods for
> setting the properties of a LatexMorph from a player.
>
> So to load in Pharo, you can click the "Browse" button in Monticello,
> then right-click the LatexMorph-category and do "Load class
> category"...
>
> Well, you *should* be able to at least, both squeak and Pharo seem to
> give a DNU if the classes don't exist in system yet... So instead,
> select the LatexMorph category, select each of the three classes in
> turn, and do "Load class" from the right-click menu.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
>
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:13 02AM, alesch wrote:
>

> > Hi list:
> >
> > I'm trying to load LatexMorph and I get the following dependency
> > message.
> >
> > This package depends on the following classes:
> >  Player
> > You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> > these
> > definitions:
> >  Player>>getCode
> >  Player>>getDPI
> >  Player>>getImage
> >  Player>>getTemplate
> >  Player>>grabImage
> >  Player>>setCode:
> >  Player>>setDPI:
> >  Player>>setTemplate:
> >

> > Where can I find this class?
> > Thanks in advance!

Re: Satisfying LatexMorph depencies

Henrik Sperre Johansen
I believe the plan is for people to provide Metacello-configurations
for loading different packages (prerequisites, version numbers, etc,
basically the same as Sake), have the automated buildsystem test which
actually work, and build a list for which a browser can be made based
on those.

For now though, the wiki page http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/PackagesTestedInPharo
  is probably the best place to report versions that load correctly.
Marking packages as loadable in Pharo is not possible afaik, unless
you want to  specifically state so in the Package name.

Cheers,
Henry