Save PRBook as PDF file

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hi,

        i create small book based on PRBookDistribution.

        Now i have 2 question:

        A)  How i can save it in PDF format ?

        B) After create and update the pages with the Pier editor ( Login and edit the structures )  i can save the change to the original methods ?

                This for save and generate a new structure ( in other image )  update with the last change.

        The same question is relative to save the note add by user.

        Thank for any consideration,

                Dario

Re: Save PRBook as PDF file

Lukas Renggli
>        A)  How i can save it in PDF format ?

There is a view for that, it requires that you have OSProcess, LaTeX,
etc. properly setup on your machine though. For the Seaside book we
have a cron-job that nightly downloads the LaTeX source and builds a
fresh PDF.

>        B) After create and update the pages with the Pier editor ( Login and edit the structures )  i can save the change to the original methods ?

No, this is not implemented.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Save PRBook as PDF file

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hi,

       A)  How i can save it in PDF format ?

There is a view for that, it requires that you have OSProcess, LaTeX,
etc. properly setup on your machine though. For the Seaside book we
have a cron-job that nightly downloads the LaTeX source and builds a
fresh PDF.

Where i can found instructions to configuration it ?

In the view i found  the LaTex - PDF option  but  when select they erase error.

I think to port my PRBook instances  into Gemstone ( Its run on Ubuntu server)

All works fine on this environment ?

       B) After create and update the pages with the Pier editor ( Login and edit the structures )  i can save the change to the original methods ?

No, this is not implemented.

If i need to port my PRKernel instance from one 'database - image '  to another ' database -image ' how i can do it ?

How i can save my update data for export - import ?

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Save PRBook as PDF file

Lukas Renggli
>        A)  How i can save it in PDF format ?
>
> There is a view for that, it requires that you have OSProcess, LaTeX,
> etc. properly setup on your machine though. For the Seaside book we
> have a cron-job that nightly downloads the LaTeX source and builds a
> fresh PDF.
>
> Where i can found instructions to configuration it ?
> In the view i found  the LaTex - PDF option  but  when select they erase
> error.

What kind of error?

> I think to port my PRBook instances  into Gemstone ( Its run on Ubuntu
> server)
> All works fine on this environment ?

I don't know, but I think the Pharo book
<http://book.pharo-project.org/> is hosted on GemStone.

>        B) After create and update the pages with the Pier editor ( Login and
> edit the structures )  i can save the change to the original methods ?
>
> No, this is not implemented.
>
> If i need to port my PRKernel instance from one 'database - image '  to
> another ' database -image ' how i can do it ?
> How i can save my update data for export - import ?

Between two Pharo images you can use:
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/export-import>.

Between Pharo and GemStone I don't know. Maybe with SIXX? Anybody has
experience on this?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Save PRBook as PDF file

dtrussardi@tiscali.it

>>        A)  How i can save it in PDF format ?
>>
>> There is a view for that, it requires that you have OSProcess, LaTeX,
>> etc. properly setup on your machine though. For the Seaside book we
>> have a cron-job that nightly downloads the LaTeX source and builds a
>> fresh PDF.
>>
>> Where i can found instructions to configuration it ?
>> In the view i found  the LaTex - PDF option  but  when select they erase
>> error.
>
> What kind of error?

When select PDF link  i found the error:

WriteStream(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #lf
BOLatexStream>>comment:
BOLatexWriter>>visitBook:
BOBook>>accept:
BOBook(Object)>>acceptDecorated:
[] in BOBook(PRDecorated)>>acceptDecorated:
BOBook(PRDecorated)>>decorationsDo:ownerDo:
BOBook(PRDecorated)>>acceptDecorated:
BOLatexWriter(PRVisitor)>>visit:
BOLatexWriter>>visit:
BOLatexWriter(PRVisitor)>>start:
BOLatexWriter(PRDocumentWriter)>>start:
BOLatexWriter(PRDocumentWriter)>>write:to:
BOLatexWriter(PRDocumentWriter)>>write:
BOLatexWriter class(PRDocumentWriter class)>>write:

I the pharo image i found the OSProcess package and Pier-Book-Latex  package.

Re: Save PRBook as PDF file

Lukas Renggli
>> What kind of error?
>
> When select PDF link  i found the error:
>
> WriteStream(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #lf
> BOLatexStream>>comment:
> BOLatexWriter>>visitBook:

#lf is a method present in WriteStream of my Pharo image. Looks like
this method is not present in pre 1.1 images, so you might need to add
it or update your image.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli