Save package as Dolphin 3.0 package

1 message Options

Save package as Dolphin 3.0 package

Keith Alcock
I'm still figuring out how to use Dolphin 4 and still have the ability
to revert to version 3 if something (more) goes wrong.  To that end I
have tried saving packages from Dolphin 4 in Dolphin 3 format.  Using
the package browser, I select my test package, right click, chose save
as..., select the Dolphin 3 package format, and save the .pac file.

When this file is installed into Dolphin 3, Dolphin complains
before/after/during converting package from version 6 to: 5.

11:39:49, donderdag 18 januari 2001: Unhandled exception - a
MessageNotUnderstood('UndefinedObject does not understand #withAll:')

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
STBCollectionProxy>>value
STBCollectionProxy(STBProxy)>>stbFixup:at:
STBInFiler>>basicNext
STBInFiler>>readObjectOfClass:
STBInFiler>>basicNext
STBInFiler>>next
[] in PackageManager>>loadPackage:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
PackageManager>>loadPackage:
PackageManager>>install:
[] in PackageBrowserShell>>openPackage
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandlerSet(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>onDo:
BlockClosure>>on:do:on:do:
[] in PackageBrowserShell>>openPackage
BlockClosure>>ensure:

If this problem were solved, the next would have to do with the code
that comes next in the .pac file:

Object subclass: #HeatConduction
 instanceVariableNames: ''
 classVariableNames: ''
 poolDictionaries: ''
 classInstanceVariableNames: ''

I don't think that Dolphin 3 will understand this with
classInstanceVariableNames, will it?  This makes me wonder if the file
is really being written in version 3 format.  Am I doing something
wrong?

Keith Alcock