Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Saving a setting in Pharo

Myroslava Romaniuk
For my GSoC project I've been working on the rule toggle so I created a setting that bans a rule for the whole image. 

But I'm thinking that some of you might want to disable a certain rule for all the following images too.

Hence my question: how to save a setting programatically so that the same setting would immediately work for the next image as well?

For now I only know how to do it manually but I need a more elegant way to do this:
Inline images 2

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Myroslava.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Saving a setting in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Why dont you use preferences (check the chapter in deep into pharo).
Preferences are managed across images.
Stef

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
For my GSoC project I've been working on the rule toggle so I created a setting that bans a rule for the whole image. 

But I'm thinking that some of you might want to disable a certain rule for all the following images too.

Hence my question: how to save a setting programatically so that the same setting would immediately work for the next image as well?

For now I only know how to do it manually but I need a more elegant way to do this:
Inline images 2

Regards,
Myroslava.

Reply | Threaded
|

Stephane Ducasse-3
startUpPreferences

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stef

Inline images 2

Regards,
Myroslava.

Reply | Threaded
|

Uko2
In reply to this post by Stephane Ducasse-3
Hey Stef,

Myroslava uses the preferences framework (as you can see in the screenshot). The question is how to programmatically persist a single preference (without the preference browser).

Uko

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jun 2017, at 21:18, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Stef

Inline images 2

Regards,
Myroslava.

Reply | Threaded
|

Juraj Kubelka
In reply to this post by Myroslava Romaniuk
Hi Myroslava,

it should be possible by

SystemSettingsPersistence storeIdentifier: #settingId

Maybe the easiest way to pick your id is to look at the setting file. I do not remember how it is generated.

There are a few more methods, depending on what object you have in hand. Check storing protocol.

Regards,
Juraj

> El 24-06-2017, a las 13:50, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> For my GSoC project I've been working on the rule toggle so I created a setting that bans a rule for the whole image.
>
> But I'm thinking that some of you might want to disable a certain rule for all the following images too.
>
> Hence my question: how to save a setting programatically so that the same setting would immediately work for the next image as well?
>
> For now I only know how to do it manually but I need a more elegant way to do this:
> <image.png>
>
> Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Myroslava.

Reply | Threaded
|

Myroslava Romaniuk
Thanks Juraj, it should be exactly what I need. I'll check it out. 

On 25 June 2017 at 13:36, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Myroslava,

it should be possible by

SystemSettingsPersistence storeIdentifier: #settingId

Maybe the easiest way to pick your id is to look at the setting file. I do not remember how it is generated.

There are a few more methods, depending on what object you have in hand. Check storing protocol.

Regards,
Juraj

> El 24-06-2017, a las 13:50, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> For my GSoC project I've been working on the rule toggle so I created a setting that bans a rule for the whole image.
>
> But I'm thinking that some of you might want to disable a certain rule for all the following images too.
>
> Hence my question: how to save a setting programatically so that the same setting would immediately work for the next image as well?
>
> For now I only know how to do it manually but I need a more elegant way to do this:
> <image.png>
>
> Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Myroslava.

--
З повагою, 
Мирослава Романюк.