Saving default package at session end

Howard Oh
Today I had my image broken down again. But this time not much of a pain.
I'm saving my images these days. I can start from one
of work ago. That pretty nice, but the idea that I came up with may save
that work, too.

The idea is (simple),
when: Sessen end ,#saveDefaultPackage.

or,

when: code accept and the code belongs to defaultPackage,
#saveDefaultPackage

Hwa Jong Oh

Re: Saving default package at session end

Ian Bartholomew-3
> The idea is (simple),
> when: Sessen end ,#saveDefaultPackage.

You'd have to make it optional. There are (very) often occasions when I
screw up something in a package and want to exit without saving either the
image or the damaged package.

> when: code accept and the code belongs to defaultPackage,
> #saveDefaultPackage

As above but nastier <g>

A prompt when you try to exit the image without saving and there are unsaved
packages, giving you the chance to abort the exit, would be nice. It is
something that I, and others, have put together in the past but I thought it
was going to be part of the standard image in 4 (just a hazy, and obviously
wrong, recollection of something OA mentioned). Perhaps it is time to knock
something together again.

Ian

Re: Saving default package at session end

Chris Uppal-2
Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> A prompt when you try to exit the image without saving and there are
unsaved
> packages, giving you the chance to abort the exit, would be nice. It is
> something that I, and others, have put together in the past but I thought
it
> was going to be part of the standard image in 4 (just a hazy, and
obviously
> wrong, recollection of something OA mentioned). Perhaps it is time to
knock
> something together again.

Time to mention this yet again...

I have patches which:

-    warn of unsaved packages in the exit prompt.
-    warn of overwriting packages which are newer than the version in the
image.
-    warn at image start-up if any of the packages are older than their
on-disk versions.

I'd really like to see something like this in the base image -- if only
because I have to re-write them at least once per major release of Dolphin
(which is tiresome and error prone).

I've posted versions for D3 before (which, of course, don't work for D4).
If anyone wants a copy for D4 then drop me a line, but -- as I say -- I'd
much prefer this functionality to be in the base image.

    -- chris