Saving, importing and exporting Lively Kernel objects and worlds.

Saving, importing and exporting Lively Kernel objects and worlds.

Fernando olivero
Hello , I'm a new member of the community and would like to introduce myself and ask some initial questions.

I'm a Phd student of the University Of Lugano, and will be working together with a student on creating a web front end for a smalltalk environment called Gaucho.
If you are interested you can take a look here ( www.gaucho.inf.usi.ch ).

I love the Smalltalk-like online experience you are building. But for now couldn't get to the point were i can create a world, make some changes and publish it later.
The system freezes when i try to publish the current world. ( i created an account in the track system, to have write access).

What is the process people are using to create models using the integrated IDE, and later saving/publishing their changes?
And opening again the "image"?

Any help/hint is appreciated.

Fernando Olivero

Re: Saving, importing and exporting Lively Kernel objects and worlds.

Philip Weaver
Welcome to Lively Fernando! Glad to have you. Please read below.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Jens Lincke <[hidden email]> wrote:

(Please use Safari, Chrome,  or WebKit since saving pages is currently
broken in Firefox and Opera)

Best,

Jens

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Robert Krahn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here are old instructions I put together and used - however last summer.
http://lists.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/archive/lively-kernel/2010-April/000386.html

Best,
Robert