Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core

Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core

Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen
Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core.  I am on
Ubuntu Linux with the latest VM.

Any ideas how to fix this?

--
Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

Re: Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Yes, it's caused by preferences referencing obsolete classes.

Change
Preferences class >> removePreference: aSymbol
        "Remove all memory of the given preference symbol."

        self dictionaryOfPreferences removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: [].
        Parameters removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: [].
        (Parameters at: #PersonalDictionaryOfPreferences ifAbsent: []) ifNotNil: [:personalDict | personalDict removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: []]

Then evaluate:

Preferences removePreference: #automaticFlapLayout;
                        removePreference: #navigatorOnLeftEdge;
                        removePreference: #classicNavigatorEnabled.

And you should be able to save.

Cheers,
Henry

On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:46 17PM, Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen wrote:

> Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core.  I am on
> Ubuntu Linux with the latest VM.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>

> --
> Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

Re: Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core

Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen
Thanks, this fixes it for me!

Henrik Johansen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Yes, it's caused by preferences referencing obsolete classes.
>
> Change
> Preferences class >> removePreference: aSymbol
> "Remove all memory of the given preference symbol."
>
> self dictionaryOfPreferences removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: [].
> Parameters removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: [].
> (Parameters at: #PersonalDictionaryOfPreferences ifAbsent: []) ifNotNil: [:personalDict | personalDict removeKey: aSymbol ifAbsent: []]
>
> Then evaluate:
>
> Preferences removePreference: #automaticFlapLayout;
> removePreference: #navigatorOnLeftEdge;
> removePreference: #classicNavigatorEnabled.
>
> And you should be able to save.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
>

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:46 17PM, Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen wrote:
>
>> Saving preferences to disk gives an error in latest pharo core.  I am on
>> Ubuntu Linux with the latest VM.
>>
>> Any ideas how to fix this?
>>

>> --
>> Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen