Scala

Guido Chari
Hi guys,

Is there any importer available to generate Moose models for Scala code?

Best regards,
Guido.

Re: Scala

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Not that I know of. But, it would be a nice addition :).

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 3:47 PM, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any importer available to generate Moose models for Scala code?
>
> Best regards,
> Guido.

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Scala

Guido Chari
Ok. Thanks.

And what is the expected flow for adding an importer?

To create a (petit) parser for Scala source and output mse format? Are there any examples of other "similar" languages to look at?

Best,
Guido.

Not that I know of. But, it would be a nice addition :).

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 3:47 PM, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any importer available to generate Moose models for Scala code?
>
> Best regards,
> Guido.

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Scala

Uko2
For Java the model is extracted with java development tools and exported to MSE

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Jan 2018, at 16:25, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok. Thanks.

And what is the expected flow for adding an importer?

To create a (petit) parser for Scala source and output mse format? Are there any examples of other "similar" languages to look at?

Best,
Guido.

Not that I know of. But, it would be a nice addition :).

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 3:47 PM, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any importer available to generate Moose models for Scala code?
>
> Best regards,
> Guido.

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Scala

CyrilFerlicot
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok. Thanks.
>
> And what is the expected flow for adding an importer?
>
> To create a (petit) parser for Scala source and output mse format? Are there
> any examples of other "similar" languages to look at?

Hi,

Here some possibilities:

- The language you want to import has an AST with symbol resolution.
Then the easiest is to generate a MSE and visit the AST. To generate
the MSE the easiest way is to implement Fame in this language. In
java, the Fame implementation can generate Famix classes in java from
a MSE describing Famix.
- You don't have the AST but you have the grammar. Then you can use
SmaCC to parse the code and write a symbol resolution to build
associations.
- You don't have the grammar, then you can write a PetitParser and
write the symbol resolution.

> Best,
> Guido.

Cyril Ferlicot