Scintilla and ScITE....

Christopher J. Demers
Upon the original mention of Scintilla in c.l.s.d many months ago I decided
to learn more about it.  I ended up downloading SciTE (an editor that uses
Scintilla).  I have found SciTE to be very useful.  I have used it to look
at C and VB code snippets, JScript, VBScript, PHP, and even a 100 meg Oracle
export file.  It has performed well and been quite handy.

We may not be able to get our hands on Dolphin 6 yet, but if you want to see
Scintilla in action take a look at SciTE, you can get it here
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html .  Plus you then have the added bonus of
a nice way of viewing all those random scripts one can encounter.

Chris

Re: Scintilla and ScITE....

Esteban A. Maringolo-2
Christopher J. Demers escribió:

> Upon the original mention of Scintilla in c.l.s.d many months ago I decided
> to learn more about it.  I ended up downloading SciTE (an editor that uses
> Scintilla).  I have found SciTE to be very useful.  I have used it to look
> at C and VB code snippets, JScript, VBScript, PHP, and even a 100 meg Oracle
> export file.  It has performed well and been quite handy.
>
> We may not be able to get our hands on Dolphin 6 yet, but if you want to see
> Scintilla in action take a look at SciTE, you can get it here
> http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html .  Plus you then have the added bonus of
> a nice way of viewing all those random scripts one can encounter.

It's quite impressive. An very lightweight also. Thanks for the pointer.
I've tested the 70meg Oracle TOAD export and it worked flawlessly
too. Sadly, it lacks of Smalltalk syntax support.

I will evaluate it for a time, by now I'm using gVim which works
great also (and supports smalltalk syntax), but it is a completely
different philosophy.

I can't wait to see it in action in D6.

Best regards.