Scratch in Flash or Phratch?

Alain Busser
Hello,

I must present Scratch to my pupils on Tuesday, and I want to show to them the French and Creole versions. But Scratch is not programmed in Squeak anymore. Rather, it is in Flash. Hence my question: Is there a French version of Phratch? And will there be a creole version before tuesday?

The advantage of Pharo is that it doesn't need an installation and I can share it easily with the pupils.

Alain

Re: Scratch in Flash or Phratch?

stepharo
ask jannik directly.

Stef
On 12/10/14 08:03, Alain Busser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I must present Scratch to my pupils on Tuesday, and I want to show to
> them the French and Creole versions. But Scratch is not programmed in
> Squeak anymore. Rather, it is in Flash. Hence my question: Is there a
> French version of Phratch? And will there be a creole version before
> tuesday?
>
> The advantage of Pharo is that it doesn't need an installation and I
> can share it easily with the pupils.
>
> Alain

Re: Scratch in Flash or Phratch?

jannik laval
Hi Alain,

Yes, Phratch is in french (almost all blocks are translated).
As I don't speak creole, I cannot do it.

If you can do it, just take te attached file and replace all the french sentences by creole ones.
Then, send me the file, I would be happy to integrate it in the release.

Cheers,
Jannik

fr.po (68K) Download Attachment

Re: Scratch in Flash or Phratch?

Alain Busser
Alas, although I live on Reunion Island since 25 years, I don't speak Creole. But the creole language in Scratch has been written by people from Quebec (!). And was incomplete yet funny. I miss it...

Anyway thanks, I can work with Phratch in French without having to install anything (I don't have the admin rights)

Alain

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

HilaireFernandes
Le 12/10/2014 16:12, Alain Busser a écrit :
> Alas, although I live on Reunion Island since 25 years, I don't speak
> Creole. But the creole language in Scratch has been written by people
> from Quebec (!). And was incomplete yet funny. I miss it...

Engage your students!
Turn it as a challenge for your students to contribute to a big project
and translate in Creole!
The .po file can be cutted in several chunks. It could be fun once they
use pratch in Creole.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: Scratch in Flash or Phratch?

stepharo

>> Alas, although I live on Reunion Island since 25 years, I don't speak
>> Creole. But the creole language in Scratch has been written by people
>> from Quebec (!). And was incomplete yet funny. I miss it...
> Engage your students!
> Turn it as a challenge for your students to contribute to a big project
> and translate in Creole!
> The .po file can be cutted in several chunks. It could be fun once they
> use pratch in Creole.
+1