Screencast in mac?

jfabry
Hi all,

hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Screencast in mac?

Stéphane Ducasse
snapZPro but paying.

Stef

On Jan 7, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
> maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Screencast in mac?

Michael Roberts-2
I use iShowU, but there are others.

cheers Mike
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
> maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Screencast in mac?

Ken G. Brown
In OS X 10.6.2 at least, version 10.0 of Quicktime Player has File/New Screen Recording
   Ken G. Brown

At 10:27 PM +0100 1/7/10, [hidden email] apparently wrote:

>Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 18:22:26 -0300
>From: Johan Fabry <[hidden email]>
>Subject: [Pharo-project] Screencast in mac?
>To: [hidden email]
>
>Hi all,
>
>hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
>maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?
>
>--
>Johan Fabry
>[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Screencast in mac?

Randal L. Schwartz

Johan> hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
Johan> maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?

Very happy with ScreenFlow, which not only captures full screen at full speed
(without ever missing a frame), also has a great video editing suite built in,
and can handle nice HD videos for Vimeo and Youtube HD.

Yeah, it's $100 but worth it.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: Screencast in mac?

jgfoster

On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Johan> hot on the tail of Stans mail: I want to do some screencasts on a mac,
> Johan> maybe without audio. Good experiences anyone?
>
> Very happy with ScreenFlow, which not only captures full screen at full speed
> (without ever missing a frame), also has a great video editing suite built in,
> and can handle nice HD videos for Vimeo and Youtube HD.
>
> Yeah, it's $100 but worth it.

At Randal's suggestion (some time ago), I got ScreenFlow and have been very happy with it.

James

> <[hidden email]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
> See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: Screencast in mac?

jfabry

Thanks all for the replies! I'll try some of these over the weekend.