Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

sebastianconcept
Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this experiment:

WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic feature long absent from the web.

In this screencast I show you a small experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for making wild horizontal scalability possible.

http://blog.flowingconcept.com/brandIt/a-tour-into-tasks-a-flowing-experiment-on-fullduplex-web-applications-using-web-sockets

Hope you enjoy

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

Nicolas Petton
Hi Sebastian,

I get a proxy error :/

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

Siemen Baader
Me too, but it worked for me yesterday. Thanks for taking the initiative and getting started with this, Sabastian!

best,
Siemen

On 07 Apr 2014, at 09:41, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

I get a proxy error :/

Cheers,
Nico

Sebastian Sastre writes:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this
experiment:

*WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic
feature long absent from the web.In this screencast I show you a small
experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for
making wild horizontal scalability possible.*

http://blog.flowingconcept.com/brandIt/a-tour-into-tasks-a-flowing-experiment-on-fullduplex-web-applications-using-web-sockets

Hope you enjoy

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

Tim Mackinnon
Sebastian - that screencast was very inspiring! I've been lurking on this list, watching the steady progress made over the last year - however I think I keep getting scared off because it just seems that everything is changing so fast that I just never quite know where to start (and the frequent comments that - X isn't the correct documentation to use also seem to add to that as well).

Anyway - this kind of thing is exactly what I needed to encourage me to pick it up again and learn how to get started - thank you (and of course to everyone who has made it all possible through the tools and infrastructure).

So - my next question is - if I wanted to create a simple demo like that to get started - what exactly do I need to download. Amber, Pharo, and Mongo and then load in Tide, Mapless others?

Also - what is the right documentation to start with to get going?

I would love to be able to confidently make something that looked so cool.

Tim

Sebastian Sastre writes:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this
experiment:

*WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic
feature long absent from the web.In this screencast I show you a small
experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for
making wild horizontal scalability possible.*

http://blog.flowingconcept.com/brandIt/a-tour-into-tasks-a-flowing-experiment-on-fullduplex-web-applications-using-web-sockets

Hope you enjoy

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

sebastianconcept
Thanks for letting me know that.

Without feedback like yours my incentive to share that kind of stuff would be zero.

Regarding to your question... stay tuned.

And since you were the first to request it, my next screencast will be a how to on creating something from scratch on an Amber-Pharo stack.

Again, glad you enjoyed it

Sebastian Sastre writes:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this
experiment:

*WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic
feature long absent from the web.In this screencast I show you a small
experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for
making wild horizontal scalability possible.*

http://blog.flowingconcept.com/brandIt/a-tour-into-tasks-a-flowing-experiment-on-fullduplex-web-applications-using-web-sockets

Hope you enjoy

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

kilon.alios
very informative screencast , thanks for sharing :)

I would love to watch a screencast as have been already requested of amber and pharo working together.

Sebastian Sastre writes:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this
experiment:

*WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic
feature long absent from the web.In this screencast I show you a small
experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for
making wild horizontal scalability possible.*

http://blog.flowingconcept.com/brandIt/a-tour-into-tasks-a-flowing-experiment-on-fullduplex-web-applications-using-web-sockets

Hope you enjoy

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

basilmir
Proxy error again...

Pe 06.04.2014, la 19:36, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> a scris:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this experiment:

WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic feature long absent from the web.

In this screencast I show you a small experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for making wild horizontal scalability possible.

Hope you enjoy

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

sebastianconcept
Yes, sorry for that.

Good news is I think I’ve catched the bug :D

Should be online now

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:16 PM, Mircea S. <[hidden email]> wrote:

Proxy error again...

Pe 06.04.2014, la 19:36, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> a scris:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this experiment:

WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic feature long absent from the web.

In this screencast I show you a small experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for making wild horizontal scalability possible.

Hope you enjoy

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

basilmir
Good catch!

Pe 09.04.2014, la 01:41, sebastian <[hidden email]> a scris:

Yes, sorry for that.

Good news is I think I’ve catched the bug :D

Should be online now

On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:16 PM, Mircea S. <[hidden email]> wrote:

Proxy error again...

Pe 06.04.2014, la 19:36, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> a scris:

Hi guys,

made this screencast as intro to Amber and other stuff we used in this experiment:

WebSockets enables full-duplex communication for web applications. A basic feature long absent from the web.

In this screencast I show you a small experiment we did at flowing and the basics on how it was architected for making wild horizontal scalability possible.

Hope you enjoy

Re: Screencast into tasks.flowingconcept.com internals

Bernat Romagosa
Nice screencast!

It'd be really cool if the next one came with a blog post (or wiki entry, even better) on how to build a simple real-time app :)