[Scribo] About urls

Nicolas Petton
Hi all,

I wrote a small method to replace all special characters with '-'. So
far it works great. But what if you want to create a link like:
http://mysite.com/foo/bar.html ?

The result will be http://mysite.com/foo-bar.html. On the other hand if
we allow '/' in the links, links like 'Aida/Web' will keep the '/'...

So, what should we do ? I think we should allow the slash in urls, at
least in wikis and sites.

Cheers,

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: [Scribo] About urls

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas Petton wrote:

> I wrote a small method to replace all special characters with '-'. So
> far it works great. But what if you want to create a link like:
> http://mysite.com/foo/bar.html ?
>
> The result will be http://mysite.com/foo-bar.html. On the other hand if
> we allow '/' in the links, links like 'Aida/Web' will keep the '/'...
>
> So, what should we do ? I think we should allow the slash in urls, at
> least in wikis and sites.

Having slash in url is very handy for making kind of hierarchy of
content. For instance on aidaweb.si I use that trick for news. You can
add news simply by [News title>news/news-title].

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek