Scribo news

Nicolas Petton
Hi all,

Scribo had a lot of small and not so small improvements recently:
-improved Document edition (wiki pages, blog posts and site pages)
-improved the gallery scriblet
-improved ScriboConfiguration to configure plugins (wiki, blog and site)
and to configure the style and header
-finally added back the document system

See the attached screenshots :)

You can download the latest dev version from:
http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

document-system2.png (67K) Download Attachment
document-system3.png (92K) Download Attachment
gallery2.png (132K) Download Attachment
gallery-admin.png (486K) Download Attachment
scribo-configuration1.png (47K) Download Attachment
scribo-configuration2.png (104K) Download Attachment
Wiki-page-edition.png (21K) Download Attachment
document-system1.png (97K) Download Attachment

Re: Scribo news

Nicolas Petton

Oops, it's http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository/

> Cheers!
>
> Nico

Re: Scribo news

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Nico,

Great news! I'll show AIDA/Scribo at Open Source Conference 2008 Tokyo/Fall.
 http://www.ospn.jp/osc2008-fall/

BTW, I'm not sure about document system. Does this support
collaborative documentation? How can I access/activate?

Cheers,

2008/10/2 nico <[hidden email]>:

> On jeu, 2008-10-02 at 14:10 +0200, nico wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Scribo had a lot of small and not so small improvements recently:
>> -improved Document edition (wiki pages, blog posts and site pages)
>> -improved the gallery scriblet
>> -improved ScriboConfiguration to configure plugins (wiki, blog and site)
>> and to configure the style and header
>> -finally added back the document system
>>
>> See the attached screenshots :)
>>
>> You can download the latest dev version from:
>> http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository
>
> Oops, it's http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository/
>>

>> Cheers!
>>
>> Nico

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Scribo news

Markus Fritsche
nico schrieb:

> Oops, it's http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository/

I get 404s for ScriboPersistence, ScriboShout and ScriboPlugins

Re: Scribo news

Nicolas Petton
On ven, 2008-10-03 at 19:39 +0900, Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>
> Great news! I'll show AIDA/Scribo at Open Source Conference 2008 Tokyo/Fall.
>  http://www.ospn.jp/osc2008-fall/

Hi Masashi,

Great news :)

> BTW, I'm not sure about document system. Does this support
> collaborative documentation?
Yes, of course ;) You can manage your document system with groups of
authors, approvers, etc

You can see the slides of my presentation at ESUG for more (I will write
some doc about it in the Scribo wiki soon).

>  How can I access/activate?

In fact it's the core of Scribo CMS, it's just that the App classes of
Document and Repository were removed in previous versions of Scribo
because I didn't have time to translate them and adapt them to recent
changes in Scribo domain classes. So it's available by default at the
url /repository.html

Cheers!

> Cheers,
>
> 2008/10/2 nico <[hidden email]>:
> > On jeu, 2008-10-02 at 14:10 +0200, nico wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Scribo had a lot of small and not so small improvements recently:
> >> -improved Document edition (wiki pages, blog posts and site pages)
> >> -improved the gallery scriblet
> >> -improved ScriboConfiguration to configure plugins (wiki, blog and site)
> >> and to configure the style and header
> >> -finally added back the document system
> >>
> >> See the attached screenshots :)
> >>
> >> You can download the latest dev version from:
> >> http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository
> >
> > Oops, it's http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository/
> >>

> >> Cheers!
> >>
> >> Nico

Re: Scribo news

Nicolas Petton
On ven, 2008-10-03 at 12:54 +0200, Markus Fritsche wrote:
> nico schrieb:
>
> > Oops, it's http://scribo.aidaweb.si/repository/
>
> I get 404s for ScriboPersistence, ScriboShout and ScriboPlugins

Sorry, I fixed it.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: Scribo news

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Nico,

Working nicely now. Thanks!

--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Scribo news

Hans N Beck-2
Hi,

Am 03.10.2008 um 14:44 schrieb Masashi UMEZAWA:

> Hi Nico,
>
> Working nicely now. Thanks!
>
>>> How can I access/activate?
>>
>> In fact it's the core of Scribo CMS, it's just that the App classes
>> of
>> Document and Repository were removed in previous versions of Scribo
>> because I didn't have time to translate them and adapt them to recent
>> changes in Scribo domain classes. So it's available by default at the
>> url /repository.html

sorry, I don't understand this.  On the demosite there is no ..../
repository.html. If I upgrade the Scribo Beta 1 Image to the latestet
versions, nothing works. Please Nico, can you explain for the complete
stupid beginner what to do to see the Document system ? Thanks :-)

Regards

Hans

> --
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Scribo news

Nicolas Petton
On dim, 2008-10-05 at 10:28 +0200, Hans N Beck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 03.10.2008 um 14:44 schrieb Masashi UMEZAWA:
>
> > Hi Nico,
> >
> > Working nicely now. Thanks!

> >> In fact it's the core of Scribo CMS, it's just that the App classes
> >> of
> >> Document and Repository were removed in previous versions of Scribo
> >> because I didn't have time to translate them and adapt them to recent
> >> changes in Scribo domain classes. So it's available by default at the
> >> url /repository.html
>
> sorry, I don't understand this.  On the demosite there is no ..../
> repository.html. If I upgrade the Scribo Beta 1 Image to the latestet
> versions, nothing works. Please Nico, can you explain for the complete
> stupid beginner what to do to see the Document system ? Thanks :-)

Hi Hans,

As I said in a previous email, development versions of Aida and Scribo
(espacially recent versions of Scribo) are not backward compatible.

The simplest if you load changes is to restart a new site:

SwazooServer singleton removeAllSites.
SwazooAida demoStart.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') styleClass: #ScriboStyle

If you don't want to lose your Scribo site, this will probably work (I
didn't test it):
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository initPlugins.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') style: nil; styleClass: #ScriboStyle.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration site: (AIDASite
named: 'aidademo').
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration initSettings.

Oh, and don't forget to update Aida to the latest version too, else it
won't work!

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: Scribo news

Hans N Beck-2
Hi,

Hi Hans,

As I said in a previous email, development versions of Aida and Scribo
(espacially recent versions of Scribo) are not backward compatible.

The simplest if you load changes is to restart a new site:

SwazooServer singleton removeAllSites.
SwazooAida demoStart.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') styleClass: #ScriboStyle

If you don't want to lose your Scribo site, this will probably work (I
didn't test it):
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository initPlugins.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') style: nil; styleClass: #ScriboStyle.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration site: (AIDASite
named: 'aidademo').
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration initSettings.

Oh, and don't forget to update Aida to the latest version too, else it
won't work!

Ahhh :-) Great. Something is wrong with the css, but that doesn't matter for now, I see the document component.
Thanks !!

Regards

Hans

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: Scribo news

Hans N Beck-2
Hi,

Am 05.10.2008 um 16:08 schrieb Hans N Beck:

[...]

just an addition: the method scriboStyle>>"aidaBannerJpg" seems to be not there. Thats seems the reason for the css problem.

Regards

Hans

Regards

Hans

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: Scribo news

Nicolas Petton
On dim, 2008-10-05 at 16:18 +0200, Hans N Beck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.10.2008 um 16:08 schrieb Hans N Beck:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > > Hi Hans,
> > >
> > > As I said in a previous email, development versions of Aida and
> > > Scribo
> > > (espacially recent versions of Scribo) are not backward
> > > compatible.
> > >
> > > The simplest if you load changes is to restart a new site:
> > >
> > > SwazooServer singleton removeAllSites.
> > > SwazooAida demoStart.
> > > (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') styleClass: #ScriboStyle
> > >
> > > If you don't want to lose your Scribo site, this will probably
> > > work (I
> > > didn't test it):
> > > (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository initPlugins.
> > > (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') style: nil; styleClass: #ScriboStyle.
> > > (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration site:
> > > (AIDASite
> > > named: 'aidademo').
> > > (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') repository configuration
> > > initSettings.
> > >
> > > Oh, and don't forget to update Aida to the latest version too,
> > > else it
> > > won't work!
> >

> > Ahhh :-) Great. Something is wrong with the css, but that doesn't
> > matter for now, I see the document component.
> > Thanks !!
>

> just an addition: the method scriboStyle>>"aidaBannerJpg" seems to be
> not there. Thats seems the reason for the css problem.
Load Aida5.6-np.83.mcz, it will fix your problem.

> Regards
>

> Hans
>

> > Regards
> >

> > Hans
> > >

> > > Cheers!
> > >
> > > Nico
> > >

> > > --
> > > Nicolas Petton
> > > http://nico.bioskop.fr
> > >            ___
> > >          ooooooo
> > >         OOOOOOOOO
> > >        |Smalltalk|
> > >         OOOOOOOOO
> > >          ooooooo
> > >           \   /
> > >            [|]

Re: Scribo news

Janko Mivšek
Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:

> I'll show AIDA/Scribo at Open Source Conference 2008 Tokyo/Fall.
>  http://www.ospn.jp/osc2008-fall/

Masashi, nice to hear that! I'd really like to hear about responses to
your talk. So, where Scribo is specially interesting for Japan, i8n or
broadly?

> BTW, I'm not sure about document system. Does this support
> collaborative documentation? How can I access/activate?

If you think collaborative as Google Docs, that that is more that one
person editing the same document at once - no. This is a matter of
editor, and this is JAvaScript ...

But document system supports a whole lifecycle of documents: from
preparing to approving and releasing. And of course the main thing:
versioning. It is bassed of commercial BiArt which is used for
management of documentation for "compliance" of different standards like
ISO9000, ISO27000 info.security, ISO15000 environment protection etc. etc.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Scribo news

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Janko,

2008/10/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
> Masashi UMEZAWA wrote:
>
>> I'll show AIDA/Scribo at Open Source Conference 2008 Tokyo/Fall.
>>  http://www.ospn.jp/osc2008-fall/
>
> Masashi, nice to hear that! I'd really like to hear about responses to
> your talk. So, where Scribo is specially interesting for Japan, i8n or
> broadly?

Actually, they were impressed in many aspects. M17N support, easy
set-up, and lightweightness. In Japan, there are still some
Smalltalkers who are hosting old Swiki. So they think Scribo would be
a good alternative.

>> BTW, I'm not sure about document system. Does this support
>> collaborative documentation? How can I access/activate?
>
> If you think collaborative as Google Docs, that that is more that one
> person editing the same document at once - no. This is a matter of
> editor, and this is JAvaScript ...
>
> But document system supports a whole lifecycle of documents: from
> preparing to approving and releasing. And of course the main thing:
> versioning. It is bassed of commercial BiArt which is used for
> management of documentation for "compliance" of different standards like
> ISO9000, ISO27000 info.security, ISO15000 environment protection etc. etc.

This is also nice. AIDA/Scribo has useful built-in features, so users
are easy to develop their apps. I'm thinking to start AIDA
customization sessions for Smalltalk-users.jp meetings.

[:masashi | ^umezawa]