Script Manager

Scott McLaughlin
Hi All,

In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?

Thanks,
Pharo Rocks,
Scott McLaughlin

Re: Script Manager

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?

It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)

Thanks,
Pharo Rocks,
Scott McLaughlin

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Script Manager

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?
>
> It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)

But wasn't it loaded using some Metacello config? (by ConfigurationOfPharo)

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: Script Manager

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?
>
> It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)

But wasn't it loaded using some Metacello config? (by ConfigurationOfPharo)

yes. But?

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Script Manager

Guillermo Polito
Try ConfigurationOfScriptManager, which is in MetacelloRepository.  If it loads in 1.4, then maybe we can have it in MetaRepoFor14 :)

On Apr 26, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?
> >
> > It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)
> >
> But wasn't it loaded using some Metacello config? (by ConfigurationOfPharo)
>

> yes. But?

We could save it in the correct space and then it would be listed in the MetacelloConfigurationBrowser for easy loading?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 26, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?
> >
> > It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)
> >
> But wasn't it loaded using some Metacello config? (by ConfigurationOfPharo)
>

> yes. But?

We could save it in the correct space and then it would be listed in the MetacelloConfigurationBrowser for easy loading?

Ahhh good idea ;)

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Script Manager

Guillermo Polito
Hi Torsten,

I've loaded script manager into 1.4 and made some fixes to have it working nice :).  But I've no grants to commit.  Do you want me to send you the mcz or a diff?

That way we can publish the configuration in MetaRepoForPharo14.

Thanks,
Guille

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 26, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Scott McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > In Pharo 1.3, under the tools menu, there was menu item 'Script Manager'. Script Manager was a nice little tool that allowed you to organize and keep a series of workspaces. I don't see this in 1.4. Is it still there someplace or is it gone?
> >
> > It is gone. My recomendation is that you export it from a Pharo 1.3 and try to load it in Pharo 1.4. Then just add it for your own images and you are done. If it does not work of the box, well then you will have some more work ;)
> >
> But wasn't it loaded using some Metacello config? (by ConfigurationOfPharo)
>

> yes. But?

We could save it in the correct space and then it would be listed in the MetacelloConfigurationBrowser for easy loading?

Ahhh good idea ;)

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Script Manager

Torsten Bergmann
I opened http://www.squeaksource.com/ScriptManager for read/write
Feel free to commit

Bye
T.

Guillermo wrote:

> Hi Torsten,
>
> I've loaded script manager into 1.4 and made some fixes to have it working
> nice :).  But I've no grants to commit.  Do you want me to send you the
> mcz
> or a diff?
>
> That way we can publish the configuration in MetaRepoForPharo14.
>
> Thanks,
> Guille

Re: Script Manager

Guillermo Polito
Done :D

Please, check the Configuration Browser to download ScriptManager version 1.4 :)

thanks!!

Guillermo wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> I've loaded script manager into 1.4 and made some fixes to have it working
> nice :).  But I've no grants to commit.  Do you want me to send you the
> mcz
> or a diff?
>
> That way we can publish the configuration in MetaRepoForPharo14.
>
> Thanks,
> Guille

Re: Script Manager

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 26 Apr 2012, at 22:44, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Done :D
>
> Please, check the Configuration Browser to download ScriptManager version 1.4 :)
>
> thanks!!

Great, ScriptManager is a nice tool.

I was wondering, how does something appear in the Config Browser ?

Do you have to pay somebody (a beer) ?

Sven

Re: Script Manager

Guillermo Polito

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 26 Apr 2012, at 22:44, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Done :D
>
> Please, check the Configuration Browser to download ScriptManager version 1.4 :)
>
> thanks!!

Great, ScriptManager is a nice tool.

I was wondering, how does something appear in the Config Browser ?

You commit the ConfigurationOf* in MetaRepoForPharo14, and voilá. :)