Script to download Pharo 4 vm for Mac os sierra

Script to download Pharo 4 vm for Mac os sierra

cdelaunay
Hello,

We have a jenkins job, running on a linux machine, that is responsible for building and outputing a Pharo 4 development image + vm ready to be used on mac machines.

We  use this command line to download the VM and archived it as output of the job:

On my mac (10.12.1), when i open the pharo image with this vm , I am facing what seem to be some known issues for Mac OS sierra:

Pharo[13048:431565] *** -[NSPathStore2 stringByAppendingPathExtension:]: cannot append extension 'bundle/Contents/MacOS/' to path ...

Now, when I try to download a Pharo 4  vm directly from my mac sierra machine,
with a zeroconf script (get.pharo.org/vm40),
It works: I am able to open the pharo image with this vm.

Is there a script that allows to download a pharo 4 vm working for mac os sierra, from a linux machine ?

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: Script to download Pharo 4 vm for Mac os sierra

stepharong
Nice to see on this list after all these years :)
This is important for synectiquers to use the power of the open-source :)

[...]

EstebanLM

On 17 Mar 2017, at 21:56, stepharong <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice to see on this list after all these years :)
This is important for synectiquers to use the power of the open-source :)

Hello,

We have a jenkins job, running on a linux machine, that is responsible for building and outputing a Pharo 4 development image + vm ready to be used on mac machines.

We  use this command line to download the VM and archived it as output of the job:

On my mac (10.12.1), when i open the pharo image with this vm , I am facing what seem to be some known issues for Mac OS sierra:

Pharo[13048:431565] *** -[NSPathStore2 stringByAppendingPathExtension:]: cannot append extension 'bundle/Contents/MacOS/' to path ...

Now, when I try to download a Pharo 4  vm directly from my mac sierra machine,
with a zeroconf script (get.pharo.org/vm40),
It works: I am able to open the pharo image with this vm.

because that link is incorrect, and you should not use it (it was a development stage that once released 4.0 was never updated again).
you (and everybody else) needs to use the stable VM for pharo 4.0:

http://files.pharo.org/get-files/40/pharo-mac-stable.zip (which is the one that zeroconf uses)
http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo4.0-mac.zip for the “all inclusive” (with image) download.

Is there a script that allows to download a pharo 4 vm working for mac os sierra, from a linux machine ?

this phrase does not has sense :)
you can use a macOS VM just in macOS, and a linux VM in linux.

Anyway for linux links are:

cheers,
Esteban

--
Cyrille Delaunay

Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: Script to download Pharo 4 vm for Mac os sierra

CyrilFerlicot
Le 18/03/2017 à 11:47, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
> because that link is incorrect, and you should not use it (it was a
> development stage that once released 4.0 was never updated again).
> you (and everybody else) needs to use the stable VM for pharo 4.0:

If it is never updated again maybe it should be removed?

> http://files.pharo.org/get-files/40/pharo-mac-stable.zip (which is the
> one that zeroconf uses)
> http://files.pharo.org/platform/Pharo4.0-mac.zip for the “all inclusive”
> (with image) download.
>

>>     Is there a script that allows to download a pharo 4 vm working for
>>     mac os sierra, from a linux machine ?
>
> this phrase does not has sense :)
> you can use a macOS VM just in macOS, and a linux VM in linux.

This sentence make sense in our context :)

Our Jenkins only got Linux's slaves and we want to produce some zip to
deploy a server on mac (vm included). If we use zeroconf we can only get
the Linux vm (or there is an option I missed).

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,