Scriptaculous SUInsertion doesn't work in IE7

Scriptaculous SUInsertion doesn't work in IE7

Vladimir Pogorelenko
I met the problem of incorrect SUInsertion work in IE7?

I'm trying to insert listItem: into unorderedList: using scriptaculous' (2.8.2.240) SUinsertion, seaside 2.8.2.563 and Squeak 3.10
I've got new empty line inserted instead of my item with contents.

Safari, Firefox, Opera works ok.

Does anybody have any suggestions about it? Any workaround?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

Re: Scriptaculous SUInsertion doesn't work in IE7

Lukas Renggli
SUInsertion is deprecated in the JavaScript library, it is only there
because SUAjax requires it at some places.

Do you experience the same problem if you use the following code?

   html unorderedList id: 'list'.
   html anchor
      onClick: (html element
                id: 'list';
                insertBottom: [ :h | h listItem: 'item' ]);
      with: 'add'

Or could you send an example so that we can reproduce?

Cheers,
Lukas

On 9/7/08, Vladimir Pogorelenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I met the problem of incorrect SUInsertion work in IE7?
>
> I'm trying to insert listItem: into unorderedList: using scriptaculous'
> (2.8.2.240) SUinsertion, seaside 2.8.2.563 and Squeak 3.10
> I've got new empty line inserted instead of my item with contents.
>
> Safari, Firefox, Opera works ok.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions about it? Any workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir.

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Scriptaculous SUInsertion doesn't work in IE7

Vladimir Pogorelenko
Changed code to a new API. But found that the problem was caused by
another reason.
Shortly, now problem is gone. Many thanks Lukas for a quick response.
Happy that now application works in IE.

Previously with non-ajax version I've wrapped every just created item
with special decoration which just wraps the component with <a
name="locus"></a> (giving ability to refer to small part of page with
just created component).

Also I did updateUrl:
        anUrl fragment: 'locus'.
to add #locus to the url.

By that I reaching the ability to have page opened at just added
component. It was helpful when the page more than one screen long.

When I add this "locus" decoration to a just created component with
ajax I got such wrong behaviour in IE. Don't know really why. But now
I think don't even need to use this decoration.

Still will include my code:

WAAnswersEdit renderAddAnswerActionOn: html
        html anchor
                id: html nextId;
                onClick: (html element
                        id: placeForAnswerID;
                        insertBottom: [:r | self addAnswer. self renderJustAddedAnswerOn: r]
                );
                with: [html image url: '/images/add.png'. html text: ' ', 'add new
answer'.].

WAAnswersEdit addAnswer
        | answer answerComponent |
        answer := TestsAnswer new
                text: ' ';
                yourself.
        self question answers add: answer.

        answerComponent := self createAnswerComponent: answer.
        answersComponents  add: answerComponent.

        self session locusOn: answerComponent "THIS LINE DELETED, NO MORE
NEED TO SETUP LOCUS WITH AJAX VERSION"

self session locusOn: wraps aPresenter with <a name="locus"></a> locus-
decoration.