Scriptaculous Updater Problem

Joel Turnbull

Hi, I'm having problems with the scriptaculous updater, I simply can't
get it to work.

As a test case I set up a WAComponent and copied two methods directly
from the "ajax" tab at http://scriptaculous.seasidehosting.st/. The
example renders the time and updates every second, and I can see it
working on that site. For me the page renders but the time is frozen.
The methods are below.

renderContentOn: html
html paragraph
    script: (html updater
        every: 1 second;
        on: #renderTimeOn: of: self);
    with:[ self renderTimeOn: html].

renderTimeOn: html
   html render: Time now

I've tried this on two seperate images, the 2.8.3 Seaside Developer and
Damien C's 3.9.1 web. Both Firefox and Chrome give me PeriodicalExecuter
errors.

FF Error Console - PeriodicalExecuter is not defined
Chrome Javascript Console - Uncaught ReferenceError: PeriodicalExecuter
is not defined

What am I missing?

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Scriptaculous Updater Problem

Karsten Kusche
Hi Joel,

you probably forgot to add the SULibrary to this application. In this library are the javascript files for Prototype and Scriptaculous. If you don't add the SULibrary you don't load these javascript files and the PeriodicExecuter is not defined.

Kind Regards
Karsten

Joel Turnbull wrote:
[...]

Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812

Re: Scriptaculous Updater Problem

Joel Turnbull

Ta da! thanks Karsten