Scriptaculous problem on seaside 2.8

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

my image is a 3.10 with Seaside2.8-lr.428 and Scriptaculous-lr.206.
When browsing the scriptaculous test, I obtain very strange results
and the CPU is running hot. Please found a screenshot at
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/scriptaculous.png. This
happened when I clicked on one of the Insert link.

I run Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu Feisty.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Scriptaculous problem on seaside 2.8

Lukas Renggli
> my image is a 3.10 with Seaside2.8-lr.428 and Scriptaculous-lr.206.
> When browsing the scriptaculous test, I obtain very strange results
> and the CPU is running hot. Please found a screenshot at
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/scriptaculous.png. This
> happened when I clicked on one of the Insert link.

I cannot reproduce this bug on my machine. It looks like Seaside is
responding a full request instead of an AJAX one. What does FireBug
say? Any other pacakges loaded?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

2007/8/7, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> > my image is a 3.10 with Seaside2.8-lr.428 and Scriptaculous-lr.206.
> > When browsing the scriptaculous test, I obtain very strange results
> > and the CPU is running hot. Please found a screenshot at
> > http://damien.cassou.free.fr/scriptaculous.png. This
> > happened when I clicked on one of the Insert link.
>
> I cannot reproduce this bug on my machine. It looks like Seaside is
> responding a full request instead of an AJAX one. What does FireBug
> say? Any other pacakges loaded?

I've just changed everything and it happened again:

- take a fresh 3.9
- use SqueakMap to install Seaside 2.8 with WAKom and Scriptaculous
- update Seaside and Scriptaculous using Monticello
- WAKom startOn: 8080
- http://localhost:8080/seaside/tests/scriptaculous (Ajax tab, insert Top)

2007/8/7, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> 2007/8/7, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> > > my image is a 3.10 with Seaside2.8-lr.428 and Scriptaculous-lr.206.
> > > When browsing the scriptaculous test, I obtain very strange results
> > > and the CPU is running hot. Please found a screenshot at
> > > http://damien.cassou.free.fr/scriptaculous.png. This
> > > happened when I clicked on one of the Insert link.
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this bug on my machine. It looks like Seaside is
> > responding a full request instead of an AJAX one. What does FireBug
> > say? Any other pacakges loaded?
>
> I've just changed everything and it happened again:
>
> - take a fresh 3.9
> - use SqueakMap to install Seaside 2.8 with WAKom and Scriptaculous
> - update Seaside and Scriptaculous using Monticello
> - WAKom startOn: 8080
> - http://localhost:8080/seaside/tests/scriptaculous (Ajax tab, insert Top)

It seems the problem came from my Firefox configuration. I reinstalled
everything and it now works well. Sorry.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Scriptaculous problem on seaside 2.8

Lukas Renggli
> > I've just changed everything and it happened again:
> >
> > - take a fresh 3.9
> > - use SqueakMap to install Seaside 2.8 with WAKom and Scriptaculous
> > - update Seaside and Scriptaculous using Monticello
> > - WAKom startOn: 8080
> > - http://localhost:8080/seaside/tests/scriptaculous (Ajax tab, insert Top)
>
> It seems the problem came from my Firefox configuration. I reinstalled
> everything and it now works well. Sorry.

What was the mis-configuration then? Can you explain, so that such
problems are known and can be avoided in the future?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Scriptaculous problem on seaside 2.8

Damien Cassou-3
2007/8/7, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> > > I've just changed everything and it happened again:
> > >
> > > - take a fresh 3.9
> > > - use SqueakMap to install Seaside 2.8 with WAKom and Scriptaculous
> > > - update Seaside and Scriptaculous using Monticello
> > > - WAKom startOn: 8080
> > > - http://localhost:8080/seaside/tests/scriptaculous (Ajax tab, insert Top)
> >
> > It seems the problem came from my Firefox configuration. I reinstalled
> > everything and it now works well. Sorry.
>
> What was the mis-configuration then? Can you explain, so that such
> problems are known and can be avoided in the future?

In fact, you told me to install Firebug to track the problem. I
installed it in a clean Firefox profile and the bug didn't show up. I
then recreated my Firefox profile from scratch with all my extensions
and the bug didn't reappear.

I'm sorry I can't tell you more than this.

--
Damien Cassou