Scriptaculous question

Göran Krampe
Hi folks!

In building our case tracker I have been increasingly moving into
Scriptaculous land. Nothing much yet - but I do use the autocompleter to
be able to let users select a person from a list of names which will get
pretty large (350+). Now I have looked at bit at the Forms demo and...
well, it looks tempting. :)

My question is: is anyone using that design (the Form demo) in their
apps? It wraps each "widget" in a form of its own and uses ajax to
trigger and submit each form, IIUIC.

regards, Göran

Re: Scriptaculous question

Lukas Renggli
> My question is: is anyone using that design (the Form demo) in their
> apps? It wraps each "widget" in a form of its own and uses ajax to
> trigger and submit each form, IIUIC.

Yes, I only implement things that I use ;-)

Well, you worry about that many forms, do you? Actually you only need
to put a form around checkboxes and multi-select list-boxes, because
Seaside generates some additional hidden fields for those that would
be lost otherwise. So for all the other form controls (text-input,
text-area, option-box, drop-down) you can directly serialize the
element, see the comment of #triggerForm: and #triggerFormElement: in
SUAjax.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli