Scripted install with Topaz, error while loading Seaside28

Scripted install with Topaz, error while loading Seaside28

Stephan Eggermont-3
As we're close to production, I would like to be able to deploy scripted
and started using Topaz. I'm a bit confused about what's happening here.
2.4.4.1 on MacOS 10.6.4

topaz 1> run
   MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [ [
       Gofer project load: 'Seaside28' version: '2.8.4.7'.
   ] on: Warning
     do: [:ex | ex resume]].
%
GemStone: Error         Nonfatal
No method was found for the selector #'typeOfClass' when sent to FCGIConstants
with arguments contained in anArray( ).
Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 2010 Arg Count: 3
Arg 1: FCGIConstants class
  superClass      SharedPool class
  format          0
  instVars        0
  instVarNames    an Array
  constraints     an Array
  classVars       a SymbolDictionary
  methodDict      a GsMethodDictionary
  poolDictionaries an Array
  categories      a GsMethodDictionary
  secondarySuperclasses nil
  name            FCGIConstants
  classHistory    a ClassHistory
  description     nil
  migrationDestination nil
  timeStamp       a DateTime
  userId          DataCurator
  extraDict       a SymbolDictionary
  classCategory   FastCGIPool
  subclasses      nil

Arg 2: typeOfClass
Arg 3: an Array

Re: Scripted install with Topaz, error while loading Seaside28

Dale Henrichs
Stephan,

Hmmm. #typeOfClass is normally implemented in Behavior, so there is
something suspicious going on here ...

Run these two commands at the beginning of your topaz script and send me
the resulting log.out and gem log file:

output push log.out
iferr 1 stack

and we'll try to get to the bottom of this...

I assume that you are starting with a fresh extent.0.seaside.dbf?

Dale

On 11/10/2010 08:28 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:

> As we're close to production, I would like to be able to deploy scripted
> and started using Topaz. I'm a bit confused about what's happening here.
> 2.4.4.1 on MacOS 10.6.4
>
> topaz 1>  run
>     MCPlatformSupport commitOnAlmostOutOfMemoryDuring: [ [
>         Gofer project load: 'Seaside28' version: '2.8.4.7'.
>     ] on: Warning
>       do: [:ex | ex resume]].
> %
> GemStone: Error         Nonfatal
> No method was found for the selector #'typeOfClass' when sent to FCGIConstants
> with arguments contained in anArray( ).
> Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 2010 Arg Count: 3
> Arg 1: FCGIConstants class
>    superClass      SharedPool class
>    format          0
>    instVars        0
>    instVarNames    an Array
>    constraints     an Array
>    classVars       a SymbolDictionary
>    methodDict      a GsMethodDictionary
>    poolDictionaries an Array
>    categories      a GsMethodDictionary
>    secondarySuperclasses nil
>    name            FCGIConstants
>    classHistory    a ClassHistory
>    description     nil
>    migrationDestination nil
>    timeStamp       a DateTime
>    userId          DataCurator
>    extraDict       a SymbolDictionary
>    classCategory   FastCGIPool
>    subclasses      nil
>
> Arg 2: typeOfClass
> Arg 3: an Array

Re: Scripted install with Topaz, error while loading Seaside28

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hello Dale,

On 10 nov 2010, at 18:59, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> I assume that you are starting with a fresh extent.0.seaside.dbf?

Thank you for reminding me. Too many experiments on this one,
from a clean install the error is gone.

I was missing some packages though (Hyper). Adding a commit at the end helps.
The release notes for 2.4.4.1. tricked me into forgetting about it.

Thank you,
 Stephan Eggermont

Re: Scripted install with Topaz, error while loading Seaside28

Dale Henrichs
The important thing is to get it figured out:)

With GemTools doing autoCommits it is easy to forget that commits are
needed in GemStone...

Dale