Scripting with store

Maarten Mostert

Hi,

I am upgrading my build scripts to 7.9.1 and I am encountering some problems.

The major one is the following where the class Store.Package no longer exist.

(Store.Package newestVersionWithName: 'Apricot') loadSrc.

newestVersionWithName: exist in Store.Glorp.StorePundle  but that does not work.

Another thing that fails is:

stream := 'repositories.xml' asFilename readStream.

Store.RepositoryManager importRepositoriesFromStream: stream.

Well this works if I define settings in 7.8 and then load them in 7.9.1 it works ???   if I create a new xml file from the settings in 7.9.1 it fails ??

Regards,

@+Maarten,

Re: Scripting with store

Niall Ross
Dear Maarten,

>I am upgrading my build scripts to 7.9.1 and I am encountering some problems.
>The major one is the following where the class Store.Package no longer exist.
>
>(Store.Package newestVersionWithName: 'Apricot') loadSrc.
>
>newestVersionWithName: exist in Store.Glorp.StorePundle  but that does not work.

Can you give details of the 'not working'?

I've tested these in 7.9.1 (and 7.10).  I find that

(Store.Glorp.StorePackage newestVersionWithName: 'MyPackage') loadSrc

works OK for me, as does calling loadSource instead of loadSrc (loadSrc
is now a b/w-compatiblility method).

If your script runs in a headful image, you may wish to use

Store.StoreProgressOverlay
    subsume: VisualLauncher someInstance mainWindow
    while:
        [(Store.Glorp.StorePackage newestVersionWithName: 'MyPackage')
loadSource]

>Another thing that fails is:
>
>stream := 'repositories.xml' asFilename readStream.
>Store.RepositoryManager importRepositoriesFromStream: stream.
>
>Well this works if I define settings in 7.8 and then load them in 7.9.1 it works ???   if I create a new xml file from the settings in 7.9.1 it fails ??

Writing out a file from a 7.9.1 image via 'Save Page...' on
'Repositories' in the settings tool, then reading it in (to an image
with differing repositories), I find
    Store.RepositoryManager importRepositoriesFromStream:
        'repositories.xml' asFilename readStream.
works for me.

In my own scripts, I use the more general
    VisualWorksSettings readFromFile: 'repositories.xml' asFilename

             Yours faithfully
                Niall Ross

Re: Scripting with store

Maarten Mostert

Thank you Nial,

It was just a Binding error. don't knwo why I couldn't find Store.Glorp.StorePackage over Store.Package.

Regards,

Maarten,

> "Niall Ross" <[hidden email]> |

> Dear Maarten,

> >I am upgrading my build scripts to 7.9.1 and I am encountering some problems.
> >The major one is the following where the class Store.Package no longer exist.
> >
> >(Store.Package newestVersionWithName: 'Apricot') loadSrc.
> >
> >newestVersionWithName: exist in Store.Glorp.StorePundle but that does not
> work.
> >

> Can you give details of the 'not working'?
>
> I've tested these in 7.9.1 (and 7.10). I find that
>
> (Store.Glorp.StorePackage newestVersionWithName: 'MyPackage') loadSrc
>
> works OK for me, as does calling loadSource instead of loadSrc (loadSrc
> is now a b/w-compatiblility method).
>
> If your script runs in a headful image, you may wish to use
>
> Store.StoreProgressOverlay
> subsume: VisualLauncher someInstance mainWindow
> while:
> [(Store.Glorp.StorePackage newestVersionWithName: 'MyPackage')
> loadSource]
>
> >Another thing that fails is:
> >
> >stream := 'repositories.xml' asFilename readStream.
> >Store.RepositoryManager importRepositoriesFromStream: stream.
> >
> >Well this works if I define settings in 7.8 and then load them in 7.9.1 it
> works ??? if I create a new xml file from the settings in 7.9.1 it fails ??
> >

> Writing out a file from a 7.9.1 image via 'Save Page...' on
> 'Repositories' in the settings tool, then reading it in (to an image
> with differing repositories), I find
> Store.RepositoryManager importRepositoriesFromStream:
> 'repositories.xml' asFilename readStream.
> works for me.
>
> In my own scripts, I use the more general
> VisualWorksSettings readFromFile: 'repositories.xml' asFilename
>
> Yours faithfully
> Niall Ross

Re: Scripting with store

jarober
Store.Glorp.StorePackage

Store.Glorp.StoreBundle

the apis for loading are (mostly) the same