Seamless

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
1. What is the status of this project (http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seamless.html)? I see the last commit is in April. Does it "work"?
2. Can the communication be done securely? If I had two images each running on a server in a different physical location, could they communicate over something like SSL?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Seamless

Nick Papoylias

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
1. What is the status of this project
(http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seamless.html)? I see the last commit is in
April. Does it "work"?

As an engineering pre-requisite for my research, yes ;)

go through the examples, and provide some feedback.

Soon there will be more engineering effort from RMoD to push,
all results from such prototypes forward.

2. Can the communication be done securely? If I had two images each running
on a server in a different physical location, could they communicate over
something like SSL?

Yes this is doable, although there is no SSL support in Seamless itself with minimal effort you can use ZdcSecureSocketStream (Zodiac-Core) with it.

Cheers,

Nick

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Seamless

francescoagati
Hi,
i am testing with seamless on pharo 5 and all works really good. the only problem i see if i try to save the state of the image. if there is a connection active the vm freeze and stop to work. the only think i can do is quit and reopen it losing all changes.

Re: Seamless

stepharo
thanks for the report

Denis is on vacation and he will certainly reply to you.

Le 18/6/16 à 21:45, francescoagati a écrit :

> Hi,
> i am testing with seamless on pharo 5 and all works really good. the only
> problem i see if i try to save the state of the image. if there is a
> connection active the vm freeze and stop to work. the only think i can do is
> quit and reopen it losing all changes.

New version is here http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/Seamless (I will announce it soon). Do you use this one?

Re: Seamless

francescoagati
No i was using and old version finded in your pdf draft of seamless

Gofer it
url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Seamless';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSeamless';
load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeamless) project version: '0.4') load.

using the version on smalltalkhub all go good when save the image. the only problem finded is if i quit and restart the image with socket open.but i think that when the machine go down or up i must use a callback for start or kill the sockets.

Thanks

Re: Seamless

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

Try stable version which I announced today.
In my tests saving images works fine. On image snapshot all connection are closed. Then they will lazily reopen by demand.