Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Adrian Kuhn
I would like search squeaksource for all senders of a method.
How could this be done? How would I approach doing this?

--AA

Re: Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Lukas Renggli
It is on the nice-to-have list since the beginning (5 years).
Unfortunately there is currently no index and searching 7 GB of
compressed versions is not practically feasible either.

Maybe the GemStone version has a solution to that? AFAIK they keep the
versions all in the stone and could easily index the internal data.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli <renggli@...> writes:

> It is on the nice-to-have list since the beginning (5 years).
> Unfortunately there is currently no index and searching 7 GB of
> compressed versions is not practically feasible either.

Okay.
Sounds like another "if the year had 52+1 weeks" project, too bad.

> Maybe the GemStone version has a solution to that? AFAIK they keep the
> versions all in the stone and could easily index the internal data.

Do they mirror the whole squeaksource? ^^

--AA

Re: Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Lukas Renggli
>> Maybe the GemStone version has a solution to that? AFAIK they keep the
>> versions all in the stone and could easily index the internal data.
>
> Do they mirror the whole squeaksource? ^^

No, they have their own instance.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

csrabak
I think we'll need to have squeaksource ported to Seaside to do this...

my 0.0199999....

--
Cesar Rabak

Em 24/12/2009 02:16, Adrian Kuhn < [hidden email] > escreveu:

I would like search squeaksource for all senders of a method.
How could this be done? How would I approach doing this?

--AA

Re: Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think we'll need to have squeaksource ported to Seaside to do this...

I think squeaksource is already done with seaside. Did you wanted to say gemstone ?

my 0.0199999....

--
Cesar Rabak

Em 24/12/2009 02:16, Adrian Kuhn < [hidden email] > escreveu:

I would like search squeaksource for all senders of a method.
How could this be done? How would I approach doing this?

--AA

Re: Search squeaksource for all senders of a method?

Dale
It has been on the todo list for quite awhile ... I'm just getting around to getting the most recent SqueakSource running in GemStone ... the GemSource instance is still running the Seaside2.6 version:)

For GemStone, the mcz files are stored in a Dictionary in the repository.

Something to look forward to in the new year?

Dale