Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st

Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st

Timothy James Ziebart
I am currently running Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64.  When I download 2.8.4.One-Click
Image and run the packaged squeak, monticello is unable to open any http
source.  "Error: could not access http://{any source}".   I have other
versions of Squeak and Images that do not have this problem.

When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know" is
displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.

Any suggestions?

Tim

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Timothy James Ziebart
On June 15, 2009 05:37:37 pm Timothy James Ziebart wrote:

> I am currently running Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64.  When I download 2.8.4.One-Click
> Image and run the packaged squeak, monticello is unable to open any http
> source.  "Error: could not access http://{any source}".   I have other
> versions of Squeak and Images that do not have this problem.
>
> When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know" is
> displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
> MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Tim

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Julian Fitzell-2
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Timothy James
Ziebart<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On June 15, 2009 05:37:37 pm Timothy James Ziebart wrote:
>> I am currently running Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64.  When I download 2.8.4.One-Click
>> Image and run the packaged squeak, monticello is unable to open any http
>> source.  "Error: could not access http://{any source}".   I have other
>> versions of Squeak and Images that do not have this problem.
>>
>> When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know" is
>> displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
>> MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

Maybe we shouldn't do our one-click images with Pharo yet? :)

Julian

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Lukas Renggli
>> When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know" is
>> displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
>> MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.

I've tested it on a Gentoo AMD64 and Ubuntu 8.10 i686 and it works in
both cases.

Maybe you are missing some libraries from the 32-bit libraries
compatibility layer?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Timothy James Ziebart
Good suggestion,  I will take a look. Thank you.

On June 15, 2009 11:00:03 pm Lukas Renggli wrote:

> >> When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know"
> >> is displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
> >> MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.
>
> I've tested it on a Gentoo AMD64 and Ubuntu 8.10 i686 and it works in
> both cases.
>
> Maybe you are missing some libraries from the 32-bit libraries
> compatibility layer?
>
> Lukas

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Timothy James Ziebart
Actually would not missing libraries affect all versions of squeak?  My other
versions, including some pharo images are working fine.  It is only the One-
Click image that is giving me a problem.

Tim

On June 15, 2009 11:00:03 pm Lukas Renggli wrote:

> >> When squeak is run from the console message: "Name or service not know"
> >> is displayed.  MCHttpRepository -> allFileNames is nil.  The
> >> MCFileRepositoryINspector shows the workingCopy to be nil.
>
> I've tested it on a Gentoo AMD64 and Ubuntu 8.10 i686 and it works in
> both cases.
>
> Maybe you are missing some libraries from the 32-bit libraries
> compatibility layer?
>
> Lukas

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Lukas Renggli
Actually there are several long threads about this on the Pharo list.
The most specific one is:

   http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-May/008307.html

It seems to be a problem specific to Ubuntu 9.04 and IP6. The thread
suggests to change NetNameResolver class>>#useOldNetwork to return
true.

Lukas

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Timothy James
Ziebart<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually would not missing libraries affect all versions of squeak?  My other
> versions, including some pharo images are working fine.  It is only the One-
> Click image that is giving me a problem.
>
> Tim

>> I've tested it on a Gentoo AMD64 and Ubuntu 8.10 i686 and it works in
>> both cases.
>>
>> Maybe you are missing some libraries from the 32-bit libraries
>> compatibility layer?
>>
>> Lukas

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 2.8.0 One-Click Image on Seaside.st (correction Seaside 2.8.4)

Timothy James Ziebart

Thanks Lukas, that worked.