Seaside-2.8-578 pegs CPUs on boot

Edward Ocampo-gooding-2
After playing/debugging some of the examples that come with
Seaside-2.8-578 (running under OS 10.5.6), I've managed to get the vm
image in such a state that when it boots up, I watch the Squeak
process soak up 99% of my CPU.

How would I go about debugging and fixing this? Would it be more worth
my while to just export the stuff I had done into a fresh image that
hasn't been broken?

Thanks,
Edward

Re: Seaside-2.8-578 pegs CPUs on boot

Philippe Marschall
2009/2/16 Edward Ocampo-gooding <[hidden email]>:
> After playing/debugging some of the examples that come with
> Seaside-2.8-578 (running under OS 10.5.6), I've managed to get the vm
> image in such a state that when it boots up, I watch the Squeak
> process soak up 99% of my CPU.
>
> How would I go about debugging and fixing this? Would it be more worth
> my while to just export the stuff I had done into a fresh image that
> hasn't been broken?

Open the process brower, turn on CPU watching, wait a moment, update the list.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Seaside-2.8-578 pegs CPUs on boot

Edward Ocampo-gooding-2
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/2/16 Edward Ocampo-gooding <[hidden email]>:
>> After playing/debugging some of the examples that come with
>> Seaside-2.8-578 (running under OS 10.5.6), I've managed to get the vm
>> image in such a state that when it boots up, I watch the Squeak
>> process soak up 99% of my CPU.
>>
>> How would I go about debugging and fixing this? Would it be more worth
>> my while to just export the stuff I had done into a fresh image that
>> hasn't been broken?
>
> Open the process brower, turn on CPU watching, wait a moment, update the list.

I had to turn on auto-update as well, but that did the trick! Looked
like there was some integer operation that was caught in an infinite
loop.

Exactly the tip I was looking for. Thanks Phillippe!