Seaside 2.8 has broken OBSystemBrowser?

Frank Shearar
The below is probably not actually a bug with Seaside. I'm posting here
because it is a bug that manifests in the Seaside image one downloads from
http://www.seaside.st/

So, first I download the Squeak Seaside image.

I unzip the Seaside-2.8-573.app.zip.

In the single open system browser I select the #nest: method. I hit the
"senders" button and select "flush".

I do NOT get an OBSendersBrowser opening: I get a System Browser (open to
WABrush>>with:).

Further, if I then hit "senders" on that new browser, and select "nest:", I
get an OBSendersBrowser that says "Senders of #nest:" but actually contains
the senders of #with:!

I rea

frank

Re: Seaside 2.8 has broken OBSystemBrowser?

Lukas Renggli
Thanks, I'll forward that to the OB list.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Frank Shearar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The below is probably not actually a bug with Seaside. I'm posting here
> because it is a bug that manifests in the Seaside image one downloads from
> http://www.seaside.st/
>
> So, first I download the Squeak Seaside image.
>
> I unzip the Seaside-2.8-573.app.zip.
>
> In the single open system browser I select the #nest: method. I hit the
> "senders" button and select "flush".
>
> I do NOT get an OBSendersBrowser opening: I get a System Browser (open to
> WABrush>>with:).
>
> Further, if I then hit "senders" on that new browser, and select "nest:", I
> get an OBSendersBrowser that says "Senders of #nest:" but actually contains
> the senders of #with:!
>
> I rea
>
> frank

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Remove an element from the DOM

Marco D'Ambros
Hi,

is it possibile to use the SUUpdeter to remove an element from the
DOM? If not is there another scriptacolous component which I should
look at?

Thanks and cheers
Marco

Re: Remove an element from the DOM

Lukas Renggli
SUElement new id: 'foo'; remove

http://www.prototypejs.org/api/element/remove

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Marco D'Ambros
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possibile to use the SUUpdeter to remove an element from the DOM? If
> not is there another scriptacolous component which I should look at?
>
> Thanks and cheers
> Marco

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 2.8 has broken OBSystemBrowser?

Lukas Renggli
I uploaded an updated version of the one-click image which contains
the latest OB. This seems to fix the problem.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 2.8 has broken OBSystemBrowser?

Frank Shearar
"Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> replied:

> I uploaded an updated version of the one-click image which contains
> the latest OB. This seems to fix the problem.

Thanks, Lukas.

Unfortunately when I now select the "nest:" method a window pops up titled
"Syntax Error". The thin top pane says "OBAnnouncer
OmniBrowser-Announcements  r:" and the lower pane says "r: aSelectorNothing
more expected ->)".

frank

Re: Seaside 2.8 has broken OBSystemBrowser?

Lukas Renggli
It looks like your sources/changes are corrupt.

It works for me though. Could you try to download again?

Lukas

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Frank Shearar
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> replied:
>
>> I uploaded an updated version of the one-click image which contains
>> the latest OB. This seems to fix the problem.
>
> Thanks, Lukas.
>
> Unfortunately when I now select the "nest:" method a window pops up titled
> "Syntax Error". The thin top pane says "OBAnnouncer
> OmniBrowser-Announcements  r:" and the lower pane says "r: aSelectorNothing
> more expected ->)".
>
> frank

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Javascript, SVG and callbacks

Marco D'Ambros

I am trying to attach to an anchor a Javascript action and a callback,
but did not succeed so far.
To be more precise, I am working with SVG figures and I want to remove
a figure from the html page (without refreshing it) and the object
linked to the figure from the smalltalk application.

To remove the figure I can do something like:

        (html svgAnchor)
                onClick: (html javascript add: 'var p =
document.getElementById(''canvas_contents''); var c =
document.getElementById(''anchor-',self id,'''); p.removeChild(c);');
                id: 'anchor-', self id ;
  with: [ self drawOn: html]

But I would need also a callback to update the "smalltalk side" and
remove the object linked to the svg figure.

Any ideas?

Thanks and cheers
Marco

Re: Javascript, SVG and callbacks

Lukas Renggli
Have a look at SURequest of the Scriptaculous package. This is doing a
request in the background triggering a callback on the server.

Lukas

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Marco D'Ambros
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to attach to an anchor a Javascript action and a callback, but
> did not succeed so far.
> To be more precise, I am working with SVG figures and I want to remove a
> figure from the html page (without refreshing it) and the object linked to
> the figure from the smalltalk application.
>
> To remove the figure I can do something like:
>
>        (html svgAnchor)
>                onClick: (html javascript add: 'var p =
> document.getElementById(''canvas_contents''); var c =
> document.getElementById(''anchor-',self id,'''); p.removeChild(c);');
>                id: 'anchor-', self id ;
>                with: [ self drawOn: html]
>
> But I would need also a callback to update the "smalltalk side" and remove
> the object linked to the svg figure.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks and cheers
> Marco

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

"Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> writes:

> It looks like your sources/changes are corrupt.
>
> It works for me though. Could you try to download again?

Hi Lukas,

I think you found the problem. What I'd done with the new image is just copy
seaside.image over the existing installation. Now, when I run the image off
a clean installation, everything works great!

I shall try not to make that mistake again!

Many thanks!

frank