Seaside 3.0.7

12

Seaside 3.0.7

Philippe Marschall
Hi

Nick was kind enough to fix Issue 267 [1] and we once again a nice
collection of fixes [2]. Nick ideally needs a 3.0.7 release. I propose
he does it :-).

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=267
 [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside307Changelog

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
I wouldn't argue with that:)

Dale

| Nick was kind enough to fix Issue 267 [1] and we once again a nice
| collection of fixes [2]. Nick ideally needs a 3.0.7 release. I
| propose
| he does it :-).
|
|  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=267
|  [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside307Changelog
|
| Cheers
| Philippe

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
OK I created a #development version 3.0.7 in ConfigurationOfSeaside30. Initial testing looks good, but....we have a problem on the horizon.

Esteban tells me that for Pharo 1.4:
Kom doesn't work - he uses Zinc instead
he is not "loading anything OB related" - that is the Seaside control panel.

In Lukas's CI server builds:
(this makes using Metacello tooling in CI builds for updating the ConfigurationOfSeaside30 challenging).

Questions:
Do we make Zinc the default server adapter?
Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and Lukas's CI server?

Thoughts?

Nick

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
Questions:
Do we make Zinc the default server adapter?

Esteban recommends making Zinc the default on Pharo and Kom on squeak.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Lukas Renggli
> Esteban tells me that for Pharo 1.4:
> Kom doesn't work - he uses Zinc instead

Nobody should use Kom, it is unmaintained for years and has serious
security flaws. I don't think it works properly even on Pharo 1.3. For
Seaside we have been using a slimmed down and fixed version
KomHttpLight.

> Do we make Zinc the default server adapter?

Yes, I think Zinc should be the default everywhere.

I changed the builds on my CI back to Zinc. We didn't use Zinc for a
while because it corrupted images, but that issue seems to be solved
now.

> Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
> create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and Lukas's CI
> server?

There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick

> Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
> create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and Lukas's CI
> server?

There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.

OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than   Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
Hi,

I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.

I'm using the following to build the one-click image:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
load.

(ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
load.

ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.

Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I have and put those in the Developer image.

Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?

Cheers

Nick

On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
> create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and Lukas's CI
> server?

There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.

OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than   Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Yeah, I will need to update the GemStone versions ... if you haven't done it already:)

I'll try to get that done in the next couple of days...

Dale

| I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and
| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.
|

| I'm using the following to build the one-click image:
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
| load.
|

| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
| load.
|

| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
|
| Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I
| have and put those in the Developer image.
|

| Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update
| ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?
|

| Cheers
|

| Nick
|

| On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager < [hidden email] > wrote:
|

| > Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
| > create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and
| > Lukas's CI
| > server?
|
| There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.
|

| OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
| For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
| In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
| In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs

I've started the integration work for Seaside 3.0.7 and it looks like there is a missing package:

  Seaside-FileSystem-pmm.27

does not exist in:

  http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30LGPL

Dale

| Yeah, I will need to update the GemStone versions ... if you haven't
| done it already:)
|
| I'll try to get that done in the next couple of days...
|
| Dale

| |
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| |
| | I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and
| | ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.
| |
| |
| | I'm using the following to build the one-click image:
| |
| |
| |
| | Gofer new
| | squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| | package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
| | load.
| |
| |
| | (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load:
| | 'OneClick'.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Gofer new
| | squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| | package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
| | load.
| |
| |
| | ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
| |
| | Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I
| | have and put those in the Developer image.
| |
| |
| | Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update
| | ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?
| |
| |
| | Cheers
| |
| |
| | Nick
| |
| |
| | On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager < [hidden email] > wrote:
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | > Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up
| | > create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and
| | > Lukas's CI
| | > server?
| |
| | There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.
| |
| |
| | OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
| | For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading
| | Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than
| | Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
| | In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
| | In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.
| |

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
There are some issues with the configuration as well that I am in the process of fixing missing version specifications? ... I'll review the 'development process notes' and revise them as necessary as I'm guessing at what happened ... now that I'm not the only person doing the configuration, I need to make sure that the instructions are up-to-date:)

Dale

| I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and
| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.
|

| I'm using the following to build the one-click image:
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
| load.
|

| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
| load.
|

| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
|
| Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I
| have and put those in the Developer image.
|

| Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update
| ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?
|

| Cheers
|

| Nick
|

| On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager < [hidden email] > wrote:
|

| > Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
| > create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and
| > Lukas's CI
| > server?
|
| There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.
|

| OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
| For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
| In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
| In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
Hi Dale,

I had some problems following the process - I initially used an image from Lukas's build server - but AFAICT there is an incompatibility between Lukas's version of OB and one the Metacello bootstraps itself with which caused the UI to become unusable.  However I thought I'd recovered from that issue - but clearly not.

I'm not sure where Seaside-FileSystem-pmm.27 came from. I've search my local disk and can't find a version of it.

Apologies for making your like harder.

Nick

On 27 March 2012 19:52, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are some issues with the configuration as well that I am in the process of fixing missing version specifications? ... I'll review the 'development process notes' and revise them as necessary as I'm guessing at what happened ... now that I'm not the only person doing the configuration, I need to make sure that the instructions are up-to-date:)

Dale

| I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and
| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.
|

| I'm using the following to build the one-click image:
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
| load.
|

| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load: 'OneClick'.
|

| Gofer new
| squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
| load.
|

| ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
|
| Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I
| have and put those in the Developer image.
|

| Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update
| ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?
|

| Cheers
|

| Nick
|

| On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager < [hidden email] > wrote:
|

| > Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up to
| > create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and
| > Lukas's CI
| > server?
|
| There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.
|

| OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
| For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than
| Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
| In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
| In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Lukas doesn't use Metacello so there's really no telling what get's loaded into his custom images.

I've just loaded your config into a Pharo 1.3 image and cleaned it up ... we're bouncing against the 256 literal limit for Pharo methods, so it will be a bit of fun to monkey with that.

Another pair of eyes and hands on the configuration is helpful so don't sweat it....

I've committed the new version ... and as I've tooled around I noticed that Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26 is not loaded and you've got Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 loaded instead of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-pmm.9 presumably this is because Lukas' changes breaks OmniBrowser in either Pharo1.3 or Pharo1.4 or is it something else ... OmniBrowser appears to be working in the image so I assume that it's the best we can hope for ...

Besides the standard Swazoo test failures, the WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt test failed on first run, but doesn't fail on a second attempt ... something subtle going on there ...

Presumably Swazoo should be removed from the config and someone needs to figure out what's up with kom ... leave it in remove it? replace it with kom lite? I don't use any of these boys in Pharo, so I'm not the best one to make a judgement here.

Now that the Pharo config is in decent shape, I'll be able to start on the GemStone port tomorrow ...

Dale
| I had some problems following the process - I initially used an image
| from Lukas's build server - but AFAICT there is an incompatibility
| between Lukas's version of OB and one the Metacello bootstraps
| itself with which caused the UI to become unusable. However I
| thought I'd recovered from that issue - but clearly not.
|

| I'm not sure where Seaside-FileSystem-pmm.27 came from. I've search
| my local disk and can't find a version of it.
|

| Apologies for making your like harder.
|

| Nick
|

| On 27 March 2012 19:52, Dale Henrichs < [hidden email] > wrote:
|

| There are some issues with the configuration as well that I am in the
| process of fixing missing version specifications? ... I'll review
| the 'development process notes' and revise them as necessary as I'm
| guessing at what happened ... now that I'm not the only person doing
| the configuration, I need to make sure that the instructions are
| up-to-date:)
|

| Dale

| |
| |
| | I have updated ConfigurationOfSeaside30 and
| | ConfigurationOfSeasideRest.
| |
| |
| | I'm using the following to build the one-click image:
| |
| |
| |
| | Gofer new
| | squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| | package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
| | load.
| |
| |
| | (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.7') load:
| | 'OneClick'.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Gofer new
| | squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| | package: 'ConfigurationOfSeasideRest';
| | load.
| |
| |
| | ConfigurationOfSeasideRest project stableVersion load: 'Tests'.
| |
| | Before we announce the 3.0.7 I'd like to push some Pier updates I
| | have and put those in the Developer image.
| |
| |
| | Is there anything else that needs doing? Does Dale want to update
| | ConfigurationOfSeaside30 with Gemstone versions?
| |
| |
| | Cheers
| |
| |
| | Nick
| |
| |
| | On 23 March 2012 18:28, Nick Ager < [hidden email] > wrote:
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | > Should we drop the Seaside control panel unless someone steps up
| | > create/maintain a version that works on Pharo 1.3, Pharo 1.4 and
| | > Lukas's CI
| | > server?
| |
| | There are no plans in supporting OB in Pharo 1.4.
| |
| |
| | OK as an interim solution in-order to get 3.0.7 released:
| | For Pharo 1.3 we can support the control panel by loading
| | Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.25 rather than
| | Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26
| | In Pharo 1.4 we won't load the control panel.
| | In CI builds the control panel will load correctly.
| |

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
Hi Dale,

I've committed the new version ... and as I've tooled around I noticed that Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26 is not loaded and you've got Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7 loaded instead of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-pmm.9 presumably this is because Lukas' changes breaks OmniBrowser in either Pharo1.3 or Pharo1.4 or is it something else ... OmniBrowser appears to be working in the image so I assume that it's the best we can hope for ...

Yes I created a branch - it seems that longer term we need a better solution not involving OB .

Besides the standard Swazoo test failures, the WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt test failed on first run, but doesn't fail on a second attempt ... something subtle going on there ...

Presumably Swazoo should be removed from the config and someone needs to figure out what's up with kom ... leave it in remove it? replace it with kom lite? I don't use any of these boys in Pharo, so I'm not the best one to make a judgement here.

I created a 3.0.7 baseline - which seems to be missing from your configuration. The changes to the 3.0.6.1 baseline are:

     spec for: #'common' do: [
spec
group: 'Core' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core' 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core' 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5' 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples' 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome' 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-FileSystem' );

=> removed:  'Seaside-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'

---

    spec for: #'squeakCommon' do: [
spec
group: 'Core' with: #('Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples' );
group: 'Tests' with: #('Comet-Tests-Core' );
group: 'OneClick' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core' 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core' 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5' 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples' 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome' 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples' 'Base Tests' 'Development Tests' 'RSS-Tests-Core' 'Javascript-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Email' 'Seaside-Tests-Functional' 'Prototype-Tests-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Components' 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5' 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples' 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core'). ].

=> removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc

---

spec for: #'pharo' do: [
    spec
        package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].

=> added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'

---

These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost

spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
    spec
         package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]

so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.

Thanks for the help

Nick

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Sorry about removing the baselines ... I thought I had compared the baselines with the 306 baseline and didn't see any changes ... I probably missed them ... we'll just have to limp along with OB as best we can for now and you've addressed the swazoo and kom issues, so I will make those changes to the config unless you've already done so ...

I've fixed the swazoo bugs for gemstone and zinc hasn't been completely ported to GemStone, so I'll leave swazoo in the GemStone config ... besides, I assume there are folks using Swazoo in production...

Dale

> [...]
| 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| ].
|

| => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
|

| ---
|

| spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
|

| => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
|

| ---
|

| These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
|

| spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
|

| so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Nick,

I've restored your changes.

WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt is unexpectedly passing in Pharo1.3. That apparently
means "temps can be added to the pharo walkback:

  "The Pharo debugger API is currently broken.
   When it's fixed this test will pass again and
   we can add temps to the Pharo walkback again."

Dale

| Sorry about removing the baselines ... I thought I had compared the
| baselines with the 306 baseline and didn't see any changes ... I
| probably missed them ... we'll just have to limp along with OB as
| best we can for now and you've addressed the swazoo and kom issues,
| so I will make those changes to the config unless you've already
| done so ...
|
| I've fixed the swazoo bugs for gemstone and zinc hasn't been
| completely ported to GemStone, so I'll leave swazoo in the GemStone
| config ... besides, I assume there are folks using Swazoo in
| production...
|
| Dale

| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I've committed the new version ... and as I've tooled around I
| | noticed that Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26 is not loaded and
| | you've got Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7
| | loaded
| | instead of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-pmm.9 presumably this is
| | because Lukas' changes breaks OmniBrowser in either Pharo1.3 or
| | Pharo1.4 or is it something else ... OmniBrowser appears to be
| | working in the image so I assume that it's the best we can hope for
| |
| |
| |
| | Yes I created a branch - it seems that longer term we need a better
| | solution not involving OB .
| |
| |
| | Besides the standard Swazoo test failures, the
| | WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt test failed on first run, but
| | doesn't fail on a second attempt ... something subtle going on
| | there
| |
| | Presumably Swazoo should be removed from the config and someone
| | needs
| | to figure out what's up with kom ... leave it in remove it? replace
| | it with kom lite? I don't use any of these boys in Pharo, so I'm
| | not
| | the best one to make a judgement here.
| |
| |
| |
| | I created a 3.0.7 baseline - which seems to be missing from your
| | configuration. The changes to the 3.0.6.1 baseline are:
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'common' do: [
| |
| | spec
| | group: 'Core' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-FileSystem' );
| |
| |
| | => removed: 'Seaside-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'squeakCommon' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | group: 'Core' with: #('Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples'
| | );
| | group: 'Tests' with: #('Comet-Tests-Core' );
| | group: 'OneClick' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core'
| | 'Comet-Examples' 'Base Tests' 'Development Tests' 'RSS-Tests-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Email'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-Functional' 'Prototype-Tests-Core'
| | 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Components'
| | 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| | ].
| |
| |
| | => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| | spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| | package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.
| |
| |
| | Thanks for the help
| |
| |
| | Nick
| |
| |

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Nick,

With all of those changes to the filelibrary hierarchy, what happens if you install the changes into an existing installation?

I haven't looked closely, but presumably there are going to be minimal impacts on existing installations?

Just curious,

Dale

> [...]
| 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| ].
|

| => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
|

| ---
|

| spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
|

| => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
|

| ---
|

| These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
|

| spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
|

| so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Nick it looks like you haven't updated the ConfigurationOfGrease, but there appear to be new packages for Grease?

Are these supposed to be used or are they just floating around?

Dale

> [...]
| 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| ].
|

| => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
|

| ---
|

| spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
|

| => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
|

| ---
|

| These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
|

| spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| spec
|
| package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
|

| so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
Running tests in GemStone and there are test errors ... no joy tonight ... I've update Grease config with my best guesses...

Dale

| Nick it looks like you haven't updated the ConfigurationOfGrease, but
| there appear to be new packages for Grease?
|
| Are these supposed to be used or are they just floating around?
|
| Dale

| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I've committed the new version ... and as I've tooled around I
| | noticed that Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26 is not loaded and
| | you've got Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7
| | loaded
| | instead of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-pmm.9 presumably this is
| | because Lukas' changes breaks OmniBrowser in either Pharo1.3 or
| | Pharo1.4 or is it something else ... OmniBrowser appears to be
| | working in the image so I assume that it's the best we can hope for
| |
| |
| |
| | Yes I created a branch - it seems that longer term we need a better
| | solution not involving OB .
| |
| |
| | Besides the standard Swazoo test failures, the
| | WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt test failed on first run, but
| | doesn't fail on a second attempt ... something subtle going on
| | there
| |
| | Presumably Swazoo should be removed from the config and someone
| | needs
| | to figure out what's up with kom ... leave it in remove it? replace
| | it with kom lite? I don't use any of these boys in Pharo, so I'm
| | not
| | the best one to make a judgement here.
| |
| |
| |
| | I created a 3.0.7 baseline - which seems to be missing from your
| | configuration. The changes to the 3.0.6.1 baseline are:
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'common' do: [
| |
| | spec
| | group: 'Core' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-FileSystem' );
| |
| |
| | => removed: 'Seaside-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'squeakCommon' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | group: 'Core' with: #('Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core' 'Comet-Examples'
| | );
| | group: 'Tests' with: #('Comet-Tests-Core' );
| | group: 'OneClick' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core'
| | 'Comet-Examples' 'Base Tests' 'Development Tests' 'RSS-Tests-Core'
| | 'Javascript-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Email'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-Functional' 'Prototype-Tests-Core'
| | 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Components'
| | 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| | 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8' 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| | ].
| |
| |
| | => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| | spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
| |
| |
| | ---
| |
| |
| | These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
| |
| |
| | spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| | spec
| |
| | package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| | package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.
| |
| |
| | Thanks for the help
| |
| |
| | Nick
| |
| |

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Dale Henrichs
#canPerform: in WATestingMetadataFileLibrary>>fileResourceOf: is not portable...Presumably #respondsTo: is the portable selector?

Dale

| Running tests in GemStone and there are test errors ... no joy
| tonight ... I've update Grease config with my best guesses...
|
| Dale

| |
| | |
| | |
| | | Hi Dale,
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | I've committed the new version ... and as I've tooled around I
| | | noticed that Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser-lr.26 is not loaded and
| | | you've got Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser.pharoOB-NickAger.7
| | | loaded
| | | instead of Seaside-Pharo-Tools-OmniBrowser-pmm.9 presumably this
| | | is
| | | because Lukas' changes breaks OmniBrowser in either Pharo1.3 or
| | | Pharo1.4 or is it something else ... OmniBrowser appears to be
| | | working in the image so I assume that it's the best we can hope
| | | for
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | Yes I created a branch - it seems that longer term we need a
| | | better
| | | solution not involving OB .
| | |
| | |
| | | Besides the standard Swazoo test failures, the
| | | WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt test failed on first run,
| | | but
| | | doesn't fail on a second attempt ... something subtle going on
| | | there
| | |
| | | Presumably Swazoo should be removed from the config and someone
| | | needs
| | | to figure out what's up with kom ... leave it in remove it?
| | | replace
| | | it with kom lite? I don't use any of these boys in Pharo, so I'm
| | | not
| | | the best one to make a judgement here.
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | I created a 3.0.7 baseline - which seems to be missing from your
| | | configuration. The changes to the 3.0.6.1 baseline are:
| | |
| | |
| | | spec for: #'common' do: [
| | |
| | | spec
| | | group: 'Core' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Seaside-FileSystem' );
| | |
| | |
| | | => removed: 'Seaside-Swazoo' 'Seaside-Adaptors-Swazoo'
| | |
| | |
| | | ---
| | |
| | |
| | | spec for: #'squeakCommon' do: [
| | | spec
| | |
| | | group: 'Core' with: #('Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core'
| | | 'Comet-Examples'
| | | );
| | | group: 'Tests' with: #('Comet-Tests-Core' );
| | | group: 'OneClick' with: #('Base' 'Development' 'RSS-Core'
| | | 'Javascript-Core' 'Prototype-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Core'
| | | 'JQuery-Core' 'JQuery-UI' 'Seaside-Email' 'Seaside-HTML5'
| | | 'Seaside-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Examples' 'RSS-Examples'
| | | 'Seaside-Tools-Web' 'Scriptaculous-Components' 'Seaside-Welcome'
| | | 'Seaside-Tools-OmniBrowser' 'Zinc-Seaside' 'Comet-Core'
| | | 'Comet-Examples' 'Base Tests' 'Development Tests'
| | | 'RSS-Tests-Core'
| | | 'Javascript-Tests-Core' 'Seaside-Tests-Email'
| | | 'Seaside-Tests-Functional' 'Prototype-Tests-Core'
| | | 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Core' 'Scriptaculous-Tests-Components'
| | | 'JQuery-Tests-Core' 'JQuery-Tests-UI' 'Seaside-Tests-HTML5'
| | | 'Seaside-Tests-InternetExplorer' 'Seaside-Tests-Examples'
| | | 'Seaside-Tests-Tools-Web' 'Seaside-Tests-UTF8'
| | | 'Comet-Tests-Core').
| | | ].
| | |
| | |
| | | => removed Swazoo and Comache and replaced with Zinc
| | |
| | |
| | | ---
| | |
| | |
| | | spec for: #'pharo' do: [
| | | spec
| | |
| | | package: 'Seaside-Tests-Email' with: [
| | | spec requires: #('Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'). ].
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | => added 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Email'
| | |
| | |
| | | ---
| | |
| | |
| | | These were the deliberate changes - it seems I inadvertently lost
| | |
| | |
| | | spec for: #'gemstone' do: [
| | | spec
| | |
| | | package: 'Seaside-RenderLoop' with:
| | | 'Seaside-RenderLoop.gemstone';
| | | package: 'Seaside-Tests-RenderLoop' with: 'Seaside-Tests-Render ]
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | so I wouldn't recommend taking my 3.0.7 baseline as is.
| | |
| | |
| | | Thanks for the help
| | |
| | |
| | | Nick
| | |
| | |

Re: Seaside 3.0.7

Nick
Hi Dale,

#canPerform: in WATestingMetadataFileLibrary>>fileResourceOf: is not portable...Presumably #respondsTo: is the portable selector?

Opps, fixed in Seaside-Core-NickAger.768 - I've updated the version in ConfigurationOfSeaside30

Nick it looks like you haven't updated the ConfigurationOfGrease, but there appear to be new packages for Grease?
Are these supposed to be used or are they just floating around?

Oh dear I really did a half-arsed job on this. I guess when I tested, I didn't clear my package cache so I brought in the latest Grease anyway without updating the configuration. Presumably you mean new Grease versions rather than packages.

I've update Grease config with my best guesses...

Looks good.

With all of those changes to the filelibrary hierarchy, what happens if you install the changes into an existing installation?
I haven't looked closely, but presumably there are going to be minimal impacts on existing installations?

The file library changes shouldn't break any existing installations - existing file libraries will continue working as is. However if people want to use libraries such as twitter bootstrap in which css files expect images to have an 'img' path element prepended then they can use the (awkwardly) named: WAFileMetadataLibrary - http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=267

Apologies if my attempt at updating the Metacello configurations just appear to be making a lot of unnecessary work for you

Cheers

Nick

12