Seaside (3.0) on Pharo 2.0 (Zinc) and comet

Seaside (3.0) on Pharo 2.0 (Zinc) and comet

IngoHohmann
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, has there been some
progress on using comet with Zinc?

(I found some mails from around April last year, that work would be done
on it)

Kind regards,

Ingo

Re: Seaside (3.0) on Pharo 2.0 (Zinc) and comet

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Ingo,

On 08 Apr 2013, at 17:43, Ingo Hohmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, has there been some progress on using comet with Zinc?
>
> (I found some mails from around April last year, that work would be done on it)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ingo

There is an implementation of WebSockets on top of Zinc, and there is a streaming Seaside adaptor.

Is there a reason you need Comet specifically ?

Sven

http://ws.stfx.eu
https://github.com/svenvc/docs/blob/master/zinc/zinc-websockets-paper.md
http://forum.world.st/ZnZincStreamingServerAdaptor-tt4663481.html

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
Proudly supporting Pharo

Re: Seaside (3.0) on Pharo 2.0 (Zinc) and comet

IngoHohmann
Hi Sven,

thank you for the answer.

The specific reason for comet is that it is described in the seaside
book. :-)

I might think about using for a changes streamm that us pushed to the
client, but there is no real need at the moment.

Kind regards,

Ingo

On 04/09/2013 11:50 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
> There is an implementation of WebSockets on top of Zinc, and there is
> a streaming Seaside adaptor. Is there a reason you need Comet
> specifically ?

Re: Seaside (3.0) on Pharo 2.0 (Zinc) and comet

Esteban A. Maringolo
WebSockets will fulfill most of your needs, except browser compatibility (it only works on limited browsers).

But its use is really straightforward. If you can control which web browser to use.

Yesterday we successfully demoed a prototype Android app with a Seaside backend, it uses Seaside, REST, and live updates with WebSockets sent to Chrome running in a Tablet.

The whole stack is there for you to use* :)

Regards,

* Given the proper ConfigurationOf* :)

Esteban A. Maringolo