Seaside 3.1 beta on Gemstone 3.1?

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Dale,

Does any/all of Seaside 3.1 work on Gemstone 3.1?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Seaside 3.1 beta on Gemstone 3.1?

Ken Treis
Hi Paul,

I tried, but there's a bit of merge work to do. I didn't get into it.

On the off chance that you're just looking for streaming/chunking support (which is all that I needed), you can feel free to try out my back-port. It's built on top of your Zinc work. While I'm not 100% convinced that it's working properly, you're welcome to give it a try.

The packages you want are Zinc-Streaming-Seaside30 and Zinc-Streaming-GemStone-Seaside30. Ignore the rest of the Zinc stuff, that's my port to GemStone 3.1 (not to be confused with Seaside 3.1). If you've got a working Zinc, these packages should do the trick for you.

Hope that helps … if not you, maybe somebody else on the list.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.

On Jan 29, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

Hi Dale,

Does any/all of Seaside 3.1 work on Gemstone 3.1?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Seaside 3.1 beta on Gemstone 3.1?

Dale Henrichs
Paul,

I have not had the time to work on the port of Seaside3.1 to GemStone ... I haven't tracked the changes that have been made in 3.1 so it's not clear to me how that will impact the gemstone-specific branches that I've had to make to the standard 3.0 packages.

I suppose if it's possible to merge the gemstone package branches from 3.0 into 3.1 then the job shouldn't be too big, but I fear that any repackaging that went on for 3.1 will wreak havoc on any simple merge strategy and it will require a bunch of manual edits ....