Seaside 3.1 open

Philippe Marschall
Hi

As announced I copied the session tracking branch and the current
versions of the rest to the 3.1 repository (currently only the
Metacello configurations are missing). The I removed all the
deprecated methods. Among others this includes:
 - WACurrentSession
 - #displayString
 - prototype deployment libraries
The only ones still standing are where methods are deprecated in the
JavaScript libraries rather than in our wrappers (SUInPlaceEditor,
PTElment, JQueryClass >> #browser). Then I fixed an amazing number of
tests that were still sending deprecated messages. I also did a short
check on the functional tests. I still expect there to be some senders
left, especially in the JavaScript area.

It seems that all our wiki pages are gone. Can somebody confirm this?
Is anybody aware of a Google code outage?

 [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31

Cheers
PHilippe

Re: Seaside 3.1 open

Lukas Renggli
> It seems that all our wiki pages are gone. Can somebody confirm this?
> Is anybody aware of a Google code outage?

It works for me. I am not aware of any problems.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside 3.1 open

Dale Henrichs
I will deal with the configurations ... I'm inclined to create ConfigurationOfSeaside31 from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 (monticello branch), because it is sounding like one should be able to upgrade from 30 to 31, but that such an upgrade shouldn't be done lightly?

Dale

| As announced I copied the session tracking branch and the current
| versions of the rest to the 3.1 repository (currently only the
| Metacello configurations are missing). The I removed all the
| deprecated methods. Among others this includes:
|  - WACurrentSession
|  - #displayString
|  - prototype deployment libraries
| The only ones still standing are where methods are deprecated in the
| JavaScript libraries rather than in our wrappers (SUInPlaceEditor,
| PTElment, JQueryClass >> #browser). Then I fixed an amazing number of
| tests that were still sending deprecated messages. I also did a short
| check on the functional tests. I still expect there to be some
| senders
| left, especially in the JavaScript area.
|
| It seems that all our wiki pages are gone. Can somebody confirm this?
| Is anybody aware of a Google code outage?
|
|  [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31
|
| Cheers
| PHilippe

Re: Seaside 3.1 open

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/2 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> I will deal with the configurations ... I'm inclined to create ConfigurationOfSeaside31 from ConfigurationOfSeaside30 (monticello branch), because it is sounding like one should be able to upgrade from 30 to 31, but that such an upgrade shouldn't be done lightly?

Right now it works. You just have to make sure you don't send any
deprecated methods and the application configuration changes
(#useCookies is not supported anymore). We don't know whether thing
will stay this way.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Seaside 3.1 open

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/2 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
>> It seems that all our wiki pages are gone. Can somebody confirm this?
>> Is anybody aware of a Google code outage?
>
> It works for me. I am not aware of any problems.

Works now here as well, strange.

Cheers
Philippe