Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Tobias Pape
Dear all

I finally sat down and integrated my changes for Squeak into
the 3.2 branch.

Hence, the following do-it should just work and install Seaside 3.2 also
on Squeak.

Metacello new
        configuration: 'Seaside3';
        version: #'release3.2';
        load: #('OneClick').

Note that I had to bump Grease release1.2 to 1.2.2 to pick up
yet un-picked-up (is that a word now?) changes for Squeak.

With these changes, there is no direct dependency on OmniBrowser
whatsoever (apart from the explicit OB group).

I hope I didn't break anything, but if so, just throw something at
me :)

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Chris Muller-3
When trying to load, it says:  "Error: Name not found: Zinc"

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I finally sat down and integrated my changes for Squeak into
> the 3.2 branch.
>
> Hence, the following do-it should just work and install Seaside 3.2 also
> on Squeak.
>
> Metacello new
>         configuration: 'Seaside3';
>         version: #'release3.2';
>         load: #('OneClick').
>

> Note that I had to bump Grease release1.2 to 1.2.2 to pick up
> yet un-picked-up (is that a word now?) changes for Squeak.
>
> With these changes, there is no direct dependency on OmniBrowser
> whatsoever (apart from the explicit OB group).
>
> I hope I didn't break anything, but if so, just throw something at
> me :)
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias

Re: Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Tobias Pape
Hi,

On 06.10.2015, at 17:15, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When trying to load, it says:  "Error: Name not found: Zinc"

That's strange, I surely fixed that.
Are you sure you have ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.278?

Apparently, I omitted the repository spec, sorry:

Metacello new
       configuration: 'Seaside3';
       repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
       version: #'release3.2';
       load: #('OneClick').

Best regards
        -Tobias

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> I finally sat down and integrated my changes for Squeak into
>> the 3.2 branch.
>>
>> Hence, the following do-it should just work and install Seaside 3.2 also
>> on Squeak.
>>
>> Metacello new
>>        configuration: 'Seaside3';
>>        version: #'release3.2';
>>        load: #('OneClick').
>>

>> Note that I had to bump Grease release1.2 to 1.2.2 to pick up
>> yet un-picked-up (is that a word now?) changes for Squeak.
>>
>> With these changes, there is no direct dependency on OmniBrowser
>> whatsoever (apart from the explicit OB group).
>>
>> I hope I didn't break anything, but if so, just throw something at
>> me :)
>>
>> Best regards
>>        -Tobias

Re: Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Chris Muller-4
> Apparently, I omitted the repository spec, sorry:

Ha, okay, that helped, I'm able to load into a Squeak 5 image.

Just a couple of notes you might be interested in:  After loading I DO
find several packages that begin with "Refactoring".  Are those the
"engine" of the RefactoringBrowser, whose functions could one day be
integrated into the ToolBuilder browsers?  If so, that is cool!!

Also, just FYI, one of the Refactoring tests
(#testPullUpWithMethodThatCannotBePushedDown) locks up the image
(interruptable).

Several of the Cryptography and SqueakSSL tests fail too.

However, it appears all of the basic Grease and Seaside tests are
passing, great!!

Inching forward..  thanks Tobias.

Best,
  Chris

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 06.10.2015, at 17:15, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When trying to load, it says:  "Error: Name not found: Zinc"
>

> That's strange, I surely fixed that.
> Are you sure you have ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.278?
>
> Apparently, I omitted the repository spec, sorry:
>

> Metacello new
>        configuration: 'Seaside3';
>        repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
>        version: #'release3.2';
>        load: #('OneClick').
>

> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>

>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all
>>>
>>> I finally sat down and integrated my changes for Squeak into
>>> the 3.2 branch.
>>>
>>> Hence, the following do-it should just work and install Seaside 3.2 also
>>> on Squeak.
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>        configuration: 'Seaside3';
>>>        version: #'release3.2';
>>>        load: #('OneClick').
>>>

>>> Note that I had to bump Grease release1.2 to 1.2.2 to pick up
>>> yet un-picked-up (is that a word now?) changes for Squeak.
>>>
>>> With these changes, there is no direct dependency on OmniBrowser
>>> whatsoever (apart from the explicit OB group).
>>>
>>> I hope I didn't break anything, but if so, just throw something at
>>> me :)
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>        -Tobias

Re: Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Chris Muller-3
I am not finding the WAJsonDevelopmentLibrary (nor Deployment) in
there.  Should they be there?

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I finally sat down and integrated my changes for Squeak into
> the 3.2 branch.
>
> Hence, the following do-it should just work and install Seaside 3.2 also
> on Squeak.
>
> Metacello new
>         configuration: 'Seaside3';
>         version: #'release3.2';
>         load: #('OneClick').
>

> Note that I had to bump Grease release1.2 to 1.2.2 to pick up
> yet un-picked-up (is that a word now?) changes for Squeak.
>
> With these changes, there is no direct dependency on OmniBrowser
> whatsoever (apart from the explicit OB group).
>
> I hope I didn't break anything, but if so, just throw something at
> me :)
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias

Re: Seaside 3.2 and Squeak

Chris Muller-3
Okay, I see it was intentional.  No longer needed?  Just trying to
figure out what's wrong with my test app since I moved to 3.2..

On 06.10.2015, at 18:11, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Apparently, I omitted the repository spec, sorry:
>
> Ha, okay, that helped, I'm able to load into a Squeak 5 image.
>
> Just a couple of notes you might be interested in:  After loading I DO
> find several packages that begin with "Refactoring".  Are those the
> "engine" of the RefactoringBrowser, whose functions could one day be
> integrated into the ToolBuilder browsers?  If so, that is cool!!

Already done, There's a config for that.
For Squeak it's ConfigurationOfRefactoringTools. But that's a
topic for squeak-dev :)

> Also, just FYI, one of the Refactoring tests
> (#testPullUpWithMethodThatCannotBePushedDown) locks up the image
> (interruptable).

See above.

> Several of the Cryptography and SqueakSSL tests fail too.

Also, squeak problem, seaside is innocent :)

> However, it appears all of the basic Grease and Seaside tests are
> passing, great!!

Best regards
        -Tobias