Seaside Book Magritte Example Adapted to Magritte 3

Seaside Book Magritte Example Adapted to Magritte 3

bprior
Further to my previous post on this subject, I looked into a Seaside-2.8.4 image
 to find that:

1. The method, asComponent, is in the class Object.

   Object >> asComponent
    ^self description asComponentOn: self

2. The method, asComponentOn:, is in the class MAContainer.

   MAContainer >> asComponentOn:
    ^self componentClass
       memento: (anObject mementoClass
                 model: anObject

I haven't found these methods in Pharo3/Seaside3/Magritte3.

How are components created from descriptions without them?

Re: Seaside Book Magritte Example Adapted to Magritte 3

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi Bruce,

How did you load Magritte and Seaside in Pharo 3?
Your installation is incomplete.

The forum image at
seems to have what you want (and some more).
If you start at the ConfigurationOfForum you'll
be able to follow what needs loading.

In that image, asComponent is defined on Object
in the *magritte-seaside-converting.method category.
The method is defined in Monticello package
Magritte-Seaside-DiegoLont.356.mcz

The note by agarcia on how to load Magrite is no longer
valid. Development of both Seaside and Magritte
movedfrom squeaksource to smalltalkhub

Stephan Eggermont