Seaside Control Panel Squeak Tool

Tobias Pape
Dear all

I have built a ToolBuilder-based Control Panel for Squeak,
so that we won't need to require OmniBrowser there anymore:

        http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/Seaside-Squeak-Tools-Development-topa.2.mcz

When I get around to (again) understand the configs, I'll update
them accordingly.

Some Questions:

1) should I copy this to the Seaside32 repo too?
2) should I mirror this to the GitHub repo too?

Best
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside Control Panel Squeak Tool

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Tobias,

That’s great. thanks!

I can take care of integrating into the configs, but I will need you to verify its loading in Squeak.

You might want to copy it to the Seaside32 repo as well.
Never mind about the github project, that will be done automatically (I have some scripts).

cheers
Johan

On 06.05.2015, at 10:51, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> That’s great. thanks!
>
> I can take care of integrating into the configs, but I will need you to verify its loading in Squeak.

Well, it depends on a few things that are only in trunk yet
but for reasons, Metacello cannot identify that yet. I'll look
into that.

Also, I will have to split the WebClient-Seaside package so that
it does not depend on OB anymore :D

> You might want to copy it to the Seaside32 repo as well.

ok

> Never mind about the github project, that will be done automatically (I have some scripts).

ok

Thank you.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> cheers
> Johan
>
>> On 06 May 2015, at 10:47, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I have built a ToolBuilder-based Control Panel for Squeak,
>> so that we won't need to require OmniBrowser there anymore:
>>
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/Seaside-Squeak-Tools-Development-topa.2.mcz
>>
>> When I get around to (again) understand the configs, I'll update
>> them accordingly.
>>
>> Some Questions:
>>
>> 1) should I copy this to the Seaside32 repo too?
>> 2) should I mirror this to the GitHub repo too?
>>
>> Best
>> -Tobias_______________________________________________
>> seaside-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

Re: Seaside Control Panel Squeak Tool

Tobias Pape
Hi Johan,

On 06.05.2015, at 10:51, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> That’s great. thanks!
>
> I can take care of integrating into the configs, but I will need you to verify its loading in Squeak.
>
> You might want to copy it to the Seaside32 repo as well.
> Never mind about the github project, that will be done automatically (I have some scripts).

Squeak 4.6/5.0 is out now (and metacello knows about these versions now)
and contain necessary changes for the Squeak version of the SCP.
I'll adapt the config either tonight or in september. Is that
early enough for the 3.2 release or should I really hurry?

Best regards
        -Tobias

> cheers
> Johan
>
>> On 06 May 2015, at 10:47, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I have built a ToolBuilder-based Control Panel for Squeak,
>> so that we won't need to require OmniBrowser there anymore:
>>
>> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/Seaside-Squeak-Tools-Development-topa.2.mcz
>>
>> When I get around to (again) understand the configs, I'll update
>> them accordingly.
>>
>> Some Questions:
>>
>> 1) should I copy this to the Seaside32 repo too?
>> 2) should I mirror this to the GitHub repo too?
>>
>> Best
>> -Tobias_______________________________________________
>> seaside-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

Re: Seaside Control Panel Squeak Tool

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Tobias,

You need to hurry :)

It would be good if you (or someone else) can look at these failures: https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside/builds/77494480
Except for the Squeak 5 build, they should be easy to fix as it’s just some missing methods for the Squeak platform (I think).

If the build is green, we can release ;)

cheers
Johan

Hi Johan,

On 27.08.2015, at 15:01, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
>
> You need to hurry :)
>
> It would be good if you (or someone else) can look at these failures: https://travis-ci.org/SeasideSt/Seaside/builds/77494480
> Except for the Squeak 5 build, they should be easy to fix as it’s just some missing methods for the Squeak platform (I think).
>
> If the build is green, we can release ;)

Darn, Metacello is not yet completely ready with the 4.6/5.0 versions,
so I cannot integrate yet :( (and I'm on vacation now)

Best regards
        -Tobias

On 27 Aug 2015, at 23:52, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

Darn, Metacello is not yet completely ready with the 4.6/5.0 versions,
so I cannot integrate yet :( (and I'm on vacation now)

Hey Tobias,

Enjoy the holiday :)
Is there nobody else who is using Seaside in Squeak that wants to pick up (at least) fixing things for Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 ?

cheers
Johan

On 28.08.2015, at 10:51, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 27 Aug 2015, at 23:52, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Darn, Metacello is not yet completely ready with the 4.6/5.0 versions,
>> so I cannot integrate yet :( (and I'm on vacation now)
>
> Hey Tobias,
>
> Enjoy the holiday :)

Thanks!

> Is there nobody else who is using Seaside in Squeak that wants to pick up (at least) fixing things for Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 ?

Using, yes (we get emails about people trying it out) but maintaining its mainly me…
Let me see what I can do tonight or tomorrow (when weather is bad ;))

Best regards
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Seaside Control Panel Squeak Tool

Johan Brichau-2

>> Is there nobody else who is using Seaside in Squeak that wants to pick up (at least) fixing things for Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 ?
>
> Using, yes (we get emails about people trying it out) but maintaining its mainly me…
> Let me see what I can do tonight or tomorrow (when weather is bad ;))

I already fixed the broken tests in Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 but for some reason, the build still fails for Squeak now.
It’s probably something I did when merging the gemstone and master versions of the BaselineOfSeaside3, because it’s failing like that since.

Checking it out now…

Johan_______________________________________________

On 29.08.2015, at 10:13, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Is there nobody else who is using Seaside in Squeak that wants to pick up (at least) fixing things for Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 ?
>>
>> Using, yes (we get emails about people trying it out) but maintaining its mainly me…
>> Let me see what I can do tonight or tomorrow (when weather is bad ;))
>
> I already fixed the broken tests in Squeak 4.4 and 4.5 but for some reason, the build still fails for Squeak now.
> It’s probably something I did when merging the gemstone and master versions of the BaselineOfSeaside3, because it’s failing like that since.
>
> Checking it out now…

yea, somehow the changes I did to re-enable Slime for Squeak got lost.
No traces of this for Squeak in the Configuration and neither in the Baseline

See
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/versions/ConfigurationOfSeaside3-topa.221
And version 3.1.3.2

Shall I try to fix or do you want to?

On a related Note, I wont get the Squeak SCP and 4.6/5.0 ready for Seaside 3.2 I think.
I hope to make it for 3.2.0.1 or 3.2.1…

Best regards from the rainy baltic sea
        -Tobias