Seaside-FileSystem package for Gemstone

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

We noticed that the WAExternalFileLibrary (Seaside-FileSystem) was not available in the Gemstone port of Seaside3.0
Since this is a convenient package for us to do testing without Apache running on our machines, while still being able to use external files, we created a port for it.

The current state is a bit hackery since it's not completely written in terms of Grease. It seems that Grease has a problem in Gemstone to read contents of a directory:
The method WAExternalFilelibrary>>filesIn:do: is therefore written in terms of GSFile instead of using GRPlatform to do that.

Although it's not necessary to have this in a GLASS setup, it's convenient to have this package in a setup without Apache.

Current state of the implementation is attached.

best regards
Johan

Seaside-FileSystem.gs (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside-FileSystem package for Gemstone

Dale Henrichs
Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> We noticed that the WAExternalFileLibrary (Seaside-FileSystem) was not available in the Gemstone port of Seaside3.0
> Since this is a convenient package for us to do testing without Apache running on our machines, while still being able to use external files, we created a port for it.
>
> The current state is a bit hackery since it's not completely written in terms of Grease. It seems that Grease has a problem in Gemstone to read contents of a directory:
> The method WAExternalFilelibrary>>filesIn:do: is therefore written in terms of GSFile instead of using GRPlatform to do that.
>
> Although it's not necessary to have this in a GLASS setup, it's convenient to have this package in a setup without Apache.
>
> Current state of the implementation is attached.
>
> best regards
> Johan

Johan,

Excellent ... My plans are to finish up GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 today
(hopefully) and then make a quick pass updating the Seaside3.0
configuration, so I will pick up your Seaside-Filesystem package and
include it ...

Dale