Seaside / Getting Started

Nicolai Hess-3-2
Hi,

I am currently reviewing the Seaside chapter of "Pharo By Example 5".

The chapter is about Seaside 3.1 (http://files.pharo.org/seaside/Seaside-3.1-portable.zip)
But some parts the book refers to has changed, and I am asking here to see
whether my changes/updates will be correct, and for some changes I don't know what to change.

1. configure seaside:
*I* think the following description expects this (old 2.8?) version output:
(seaside_284_config.PNG)
but instead, we get:
(seaside_31_config.PNG)

2. And in the current (3.1) version, there is now login/password request. I will remove this from the
description, but does anyone know how we would enable a login/password request for the config page?

3. Now, there is a step-by-step description how to add a copy of the example "counter" as "counter2", but
the config page doesn't look like the description in any way.

I guess the right description would be:
change to the "examples folder" on the right, add push the "Add" buttton on the top pane
(seaside_31_examples.PNG)
instead of "Add entry point" (can not find this in any config page), we need to push the Add button and
choose the dispatcher type:
(seaside_31_examples_add.PNG)

finally we need to set the root class ...

Is this correct ?
Is there already a updated documentation that describes this (adding a counter-example) with the newer interface?

Thanks in advance
nicolai
(more questions will follow)

seaside_284_config.PNG (33K) Download Attachment
seaside_31_config.PNG (39K) Download Attachment
seaside_31_examples.PNG (38K) Download Attachment
seaside_31_examples_add.PNG (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside / Getting Started

Nicolai Hess-3-2

2. And in the current (3.1) version, there is now login/password request. I will remove this from the
description, but does anyone know how we would enable a login/password request for the config page?

In 3.1, there is *no* password request.

Re: Seaside / Getting Started

Nicolai Hess-3-2

I am currently reviewing the Seaside chapter of "Pharo By Example 5".

(more questions will follow)

More questions:
From the book: "You can put Seaside into deployment mode using either the configuration page (navigate to the entry for the application and click on the Configure link) or click the Configure button in the toolbar."

I see this configuration linke:
(configure_environment.PNG)
but disabling the development toolbar option, does not seem to make any difference:
(configer_development.PNG)
(even after starting a new session).

the only way I found is to remove the inherited tool decoration
tool_decoration.PNG

From the book:"You can also set the mode globally by evaluating WAGlobalConfiguration setDeploymentMode or WAGlobalConfiguration setDevelopmentMode."
But there is now WAGlobalConfiguration, not even any implementor for a "deploymentmode" message

configure_environment.PNG (7K) Download Attachment
configer_development.PNG (7K) Download Attachment
tool_decoration.PNG (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Seaside / Getting Started

Nicolai Hess-3-2

I am currently reviewing the Seaside chapter of "Pharo By Example 5".

(more questions will follow)

More questions:
From the book: "You can put Seaside into deployment mode using either the configuration page (navigate to the entry for the application and click on the Configure link) or click the Configure button in the toolbar."

I see this configuration linke:
(configure_environment.PNG)
but disabling the development toolbar option, does not seem to make any difference:
(configer_development.PNG)
(even after starting a new session).

the only way I found is to remove the inherited tool decoration
tool_decoration.PNG

From the book:"You can also set the mode globally by evaluating WAGlobalConfiguration setDeploymentMode or WAGlobalConfiguration setDevelopmentMode."
But there is now WAGlobalConfiguration, not even any implementor for a "deploymentmode" message

Any one?

Re: Seaside / Getting Started

Paul DeBruicker
the seaside list is here:

Nicolai Hess-3-2 wrote

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently reviewing the Seaside chapter of "Pharo By Example 5".
>>
>> (more questions will follow)
>>

> More questions:
> From the book: "You can put Seaside into deployment mode using either the
> configuration page (navigate to the entry for the application and click on
> the Configure link) or click the Configure button in the toolbar."
>
> I see this configuration linke:
> (configure_environment.PNG)
> but disabling the development toolbar option, does not seem to make any
> difference:
> (configer_development.PNG)
> (even after starting a new session).
>
> the only way I found is to remove the inherited tool decoration
> tool_decoration.PNG
>
> From the book:"You can also set the mode globally by evaluating
> WAGlobalConfiguration setDeploymentMode or WAGlobalConfiguration
> setDevelopmentMode."
> But there is now WAGlobalConfiguration, not even any implementor for a
> "deploymentmode" message

Any one?

Re: Seaside / Getting Started

Nicolai Hess-3-2

the seaside list is here:

Ah, seaside list, thanks for the hint :)

Nicolai

Nicolai Hess-3-2 wrote