Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

Ikem Nzeribe-2
Hi!

I'm posting my first Seaside application on Seaside-Hosting, and I get a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. Does anybody know how often the server is up? I'm keen to see my first work!

Ikem._______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Ikem,

There's no known problem with the service so the problem is likely related to your setup. I suggest to check your error log (for details see seasidehosting.st -> Support -> FAQ)

Cheers,
Adrian

On Sep 13, 2010, at 02:26 , Ikem Nzeribe wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm posting my first Seaside application on Seaside-Hosting, and I get a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. Does anybody know how often the server is up? I'm keen to see my first work!
>
> Ikem._______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Re: Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

John McKeon
Hi Adrian,
Does the image version matter? I cannot get a Squeak 4.1 image to run, so I was thinking that might be the problem...
John
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ikem,

There's no known problem with the service so the problem is likely related to your setup. I suggest to check your error log (for details see seasidehosting.st -> Support -> FAQ)

Cheers,
Adrian

On Sep 13, 2010, at 02:26 , Ikem Nzeribe wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm posting my first Seaside application on Seaside-Hosting, and I get a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. Does anybody know how often the server is up? I'm keen to see my first work!
>
> Ikem._______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

http://john-mckeon.us

Re: Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

Ikem Nzeribe-2
Hi Adrian,

I'm a beginning developer attempting to learn Seaside from scratch. I have no programming background at all. I am trying to post my first "Hello World!" application onto Seaside-Hosting, and failing. I get this:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I have uploaded the .image and the.changes files to the top-level by FTP and started the server. I am running the Seaside-Mini (2.6).image/ Squeak 3.7

The URL for my app should be http://tangerine.seasidehosting.st/seaside/fourmoments -- this is the name of the application running locally.
I checked my error log. Every field was blank, save the "Squeak Debug" log, which said this > http://drp.ly/1IRk1R
If you know what that means, I tip my hat to you.

If anybody knows what I am missing, I would be eternally grateful.

Ikem.

On 13 Sep 2010, at 10:12, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

Hi Ikem,

There's no known problem with the service so the problem is likely related to your setup. I suggest to check your error log (for details see seasidehosting.st -> Support -> FAQ)

Re: Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

Adrian Lienhard
Yes, apparently Squeak 4.1 doesn't run because the image looks for the sources file named SqueakV41.sources, which we don't have on the server (yet). If you upload also this file into the same directory as the image and changes file and then restart the image, it should work.

HTH,
Adrian

On Sep 13, 2010, at 13:28 , John McKeon wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
> Does the image version matter? I cannot get a Squeak 4.1 image to run, so I
> was thinking that might be the problem...
> John
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ikem,
>>
>> There's no known problem with the service so the problem is likely related
>> to your setup. I suggest to check your error log (for details see
>> seasidehosting.st -> Support -> FAQ)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Sep 13, 2010, at 02:26 , Ikem Nzeribe wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm posting my first Seaside application on Seaside-Hosting, and I get a
>> "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message. Does anybody know how often the
>> server is up? I'm keen to see my first work!

>>> seaside mailing list
>>> [hidden email]

> http://john-mckeon.us

Re: Seaside-Hosting Uptime?

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Ikem,

I'm not sure whether Squeak 3.7 works with the current version of the VM that we use for SeasideHosting. Could you try to move your code to a new Squeak or Pharo version and check if this works?

Cheers,
Adrian