Seaside Integrated Image and SqueakMap

Nevin Pratt
Anybody else have trouble opening a SqueakMap Package Loader browser
from the Seaside 2.5 Integrated Image (image downloaded from
www.seaside.st)?

I'm seeing numerous problems, on both Mac OS X as well as Windows XP.

Nevin

Re: Seaside Integrated Image and SqueakMap

Göran Krampe
Hi Nevin!

Nevin Pratt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anybody else have trouble opening a SqueakMap Package Loader browser
> from the Seaside 2.5 Integrated Image (image downloaded from
> www.seaside.st)?
>
> I'm seeing numerous problems, on both Mac OS X as well as Windows XP.
>
> Nevin

I just tried it and it worked fine for me (on XP). I guess you have an
"old" sm directory in your working directory with a map in it that is
already updated to SM 2.1. Best solution is to run this doit to force an
upgrade:

        SMSqueakMap bootStrap

...or you can delete all *.sgz files from the sm directory (no need to
delete the whole directory - that would also erase the package cache).

regards, Göran

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi Nevin!

Nevin Pratt [hidden email] wrote:

Anybody else have trouble opening a SqueakMap Package Loader browser
from the Seaside 2.5 Integrated Image (image downloaded from
www.seaside.st)?

I'm seeing numerous problems, on both Mac OS X as well as Windows XP.

Nevin

I just tried it and it worked fine for me (on XP). I guess you have an
"old" sm directory in your working directory with a map in it that is
already updated to SM 2.1. Best solution is to run this doit to force an
upgrade:

	SMSqueakMap bootStrap

...or you can delete all *.sgz files from the sm directory (no need to
delete the whole directory - that would also erase the package cache).

regards, Göran

Thanks, Göran.  Problem solved, however....

...when I first tried 'SMSqueakMap bootStrap', it failed on an error (attempt to index a non-existent element on ByteString-- didn't copy the stack though, so couldn't tell you what else).

So, I then quit the image without saving (to try to keep the image pristine), then deleted all the *.sgz files as you suggested.  Then I relaunched the image, selected "open...SqueakMap Package Loader", and it opened just fine.

So, problem solved.

Incidentally, my Squeak 3.8 installation was a pristine install direct from squeak.org.  So, if somebody downloads squeak from there, then goes to seaside.st and gets the Seaside integrated image, they will have this problem.

Nevin