[Seaside] Localhost & Port Forwarding

1 message Options

[Seaside] Localhost & Port Forwarding

Kirk Fraser
Hi,

I downloaded the latest one-click but something overrode my Wamp server (which contains a reduced Apache) and I haven't been able to recover my webpages served even after restoring a backup copy of Wamp.  I checked the log file and found someone from Australia had been into my backup disk.  So I firewalled that.  I also tried the virtual host commands in the seaside book but Wamp wouldn't budge so I thought maybe there is a way to run my webpages directly from Seaside.  I deleted the new Seaside and downloaded the stable one-click, exited Wamp and changed my router's TCP port to 8080.  Then when I entered http://localhost it flashed up Seaside for a split second then put up an unable to connect error screen.

What should I do to get my webpages back up?  I have a handful including.
How can one reassign localhost?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kirk Fraser